How to have a “Flavor Tripping” Party
Okay, this post is in NO way related to savings or frugal life. However, it is more related to a fun time with friends! In a sense it could be about how to hold a fun party on a budget with your friends–who says you need to throw a huge party and spend tons of money?
You don’t! Consider hosting a flavor tripping party.
Okay, I honestly can’t take credit for this idea– my lovely husband, George (who has been in the culinary industry his whole life) had heard about these things called Miracle Fruit. He was super interested and that it would be cool to see what the fuss was about. When you are a chef–your taste buds are your life source. What if you could trick your taste buds and your brain?? So what is Miracle Fruit?
Synsepalum dulcificum, also known as the miracle fruit, is a plant with a berry that when eaten, causes sour foods (such as lemons and limes) subsequently consumed to taste sweet.
You can’t purchase the mberry fruit in a store and apparently, if you could–they would be sold for $3-$5 per fruit! . After some research, George found mberry Miracle Fruit Tablets online and you can get 20 tables for $25. mBerry Tablets are the real deal fruit but basically dehydrated and put into a pill form. The pill is 100% natural and GMO free and it does have added cornstarch that is used as a binding agent– over a million tablets have been sold and no reports of any adverse side effects of miracle fruit or miracle fruit tablets!
It is easy to take the mberry:
1. Let one tablet dissolve in your mouth (takes about 10 minutes)
2. I recommend not drinking anything before the pill is dissolved
Then, last weekend we decided to have some friends over and crack out the mberry!
How to have a “flavor tripping” party:
1. Assign each attendee a item to bring that you think would be fun to taste while “under the influence” of the mberry. Remember, you want fruit or food items that have a lot of acidity. But I do suggest adding a couple of sweet things (like strawberries)
2. You provide the mberry to each guest
3. Be sure to purchase enough for your party– you can buy mberry Miracle Fruit Tablets, 10-Count (Pack of 2) here for only $25
Here are some items I suggest asking guests to bring:
- Goat Cheese
- fun alcohol drinks
- Strawberries (I LOVED the strawberries– it was like tasting the sweetest strawberry ever!)
- Blue berries
- lemon juice
The “Flavor Trip” lasts from 15 min-2 hours (everyone is different). I chose the lemon to be my first fruit— let me tell you, I could eat a WHOLE lemon. It was so sweet– it was like I was eating a very sweet orange. I literally yelled out “Oh My goodness” because my mouth was shocked! Grapefruit was another fun one for me. I absolutely HATE grapefruit–but I wanted to eat the whole thing. It was awesome.
If you feel so inclined— I highly suggest trying a “flavor trip” party with your friends. Not only will be able to amaze them but you will have tons of fun. So what ya think? When is your next party??