Extreme Couponing: Learn to shop at Rite Aid

click the picture to watch my Rite Aid vlog–or go HERE

Please note: you can no longer stack in-ad coupons w/ Video Value coupons! (as I previously stated in my vlog)

As we all know: I love Rite Aid! Living right across the street from one was probably the best thing I could do for my family ;)

Here are the basics when it comes to scoring free items and great deals at Rite Aid:

Wellness + Card:
:: You will need to go in store and sign up for this card.
:: Fill out a small form and they give you a card right there.
:: You need to get this card before you start doing any deals!

Overview of the Wellness + Program:
:: Earn one point for every dollar spent on non-prescription purchases.
:: Earn 25 points for every prescription you purchase.
:: Get special wellness + only sales
:: Get special wellness + coupons
:: Earn Free Health Screenings

:: Rewards Earned:
:: For every 125 points**
a one-time 10% off shopping pass
:: 500 points
10% off all non-prescription regular price purchases every day.
:: 500 points
free health screenings
:: 1000 points
20% off all non-prescription regular price purchases every day.

Wellness + Coupons and CRT Coupons:
:: There are also coupons online specific to your wellness card.
:: You must login to see your coupons.
:: Sometimes these include $3/15, $4/20, $5/25.
:: Sometimes these include % 0ff coupons.

Proper Usage of Wellness + Coupons:
:: Only ONE Rite Aid coupon and ONE manufacturer coupon may be used on a product.
:: Exception to this is Rite Aid in ad coupons. You can use a RA in-ad coupon with a wellness coupon and MQ.

Wellness + Terms : (most important items from their very long list)
:: Points accrued based on calendar year.
:: Customers earn one (1) point for every dollar spent on eligible front-end purchases they make when they scan their card at the register.
:: Excludes cigarettes, alcohol, gift cards, online purchases, lottery tickets, licenses, money orders, money transfers, prepaid cards, :: stamps, other mail services and items prohibited by law.
:: Discount will remain active through the end of the calendar year.
:: Members will be informed of discount eligibility via email.
:: Members must present their wellness + membership card at check out to receive discount.
:: When used with a sale priced item the customer will receive the lower of the discount price or sale price.
:: Discount not valid on prescriptions, prescription co-pays, cigarettes, alcohol, gift cards, online purchases, lottery tickets, licenses, money orders, money transfers, prepaid cards, stamps, other mail services and items prohibited by law and may not be :: combined with any other offer.

Rite Aid Programs:
:: SCR- single check rebates- Rebates offered for purchasing a specified item. Submit Rebate online and receive a check for that amount.
:: Most items require a single item purchase.
:: Coupons can be used & will not be deducted from the rebate amount.
:: Some will require multiple purchases.
:: You can make purchases during the entire valid period
:: Purchase do not have to be on one receipt
:: List of products that qualify for the SCR will be shown
:: Coupons can be used and will not be deducted from the rebate amount
:: SCR lasts a month

SAVE YOUR RECEIPT!
:: Single check rebates can be entered anytime during the month.
:: Takes about 2-5 days after purchase to credit account.
:: Only request once a month.

+UP Reward Program:
:: “Rite Aid” money offered for purchasing a specified item (see ad)
:: Prints at the end of receipt.
:: Can “roll”.
:: Limits specified in ad. No limit? Expect unlimited.
:: Have expiration date.

Coupons to use at Rite Aid:
:: Manufacturer coupon
:: In-ad coupons
:: Ad Perk coupons (watch a video and receive coupon and $$/$$ coupons)

How to Maximize Your Savings:
:: Stacking
:: In-ad coupon w/manufacturer coupon
:: Ad perk coupon/manufacturer coupon
:: Use $/$$ coupon to pay less Out of Pocket

Rite Aid Coupon Policy:
IP Coupons:
Will accept IP coupons up to $5 off.
RA coupon with RA logo is not considered an IP and is an exception to this rule.
+UP Reward Coupons:
Multiple +UP coupons can be used up to the amount of the purchase before sales tax.
Accepts 2 coupons for 2 items that are part of a B1G1 sale.
Accepts B1G1 coupon on a B1G1 sale – both free
Total Purchase Coupons:
Total much be reached before tax & before coupons are applied.
Other coupons can be used in conjunction with a total purchase coupon.
Acceptance Guidelines:
If the item’s price is less than the value of the coupon, the coupon will be adjusted down.
Cannot refund cash for coupon if an item is returned.
Multiple Coupons:
No more than 1 “48” coupon , 1 “49” coupon & 1 MQ can be used on an item. (this code is at the bottom of the coupon and is the first two #’s)
Accepts multiple identical coupons as long as there is enough stock. Based on store manager discretion.

New to Extreme Couponing? Read the entire Extreme Couponing Series Here.

Comments

1. Andiehr says

Josie: Do you happen to know what is the limit on the $3off next $15 purchase survey. I have about six of them and evertime I attempt to enter my code, it tells me I have reached my limit and try back later. I have waited a week and it still will not allow me to go in and rendem them. Any suggestions or ideas???

I love your site, it is very informative and helpful!!! I just started Q about 3 months ago….my sister got me started.

2. A says

It is 2 pharmacy surveys and 2 store surveys per month. per computer. The more computers you have the more surveys you can do. I have 4 so i usually do 8 per month. If you have not done any surveys this month then you may have problem with cookies on your computer. I had called customer service for a similar problem. When the rep said the problem was my computer, I was like yeah right. However when I logged onto another computer I was able to do the survey with no problem.

3. Anne says

Wellness + Coupons and CRT Coupons:
    :: There are also coupons online specific to your wellness card.
    :: You must login to see your coupons.
    :: Sometimes these include $3/15, $4/20, $5/25.
    :: Sometimes these include % 0ff coupons.

Help! I don’t understand. I went online to see the coupons but could not find anything. I’m sure I’m not the only one in this situation. A Newbie here. Thanks for whatever you can help with.

4. Anne says

Wellness + Coupons and CRT Coupons:
    :: There are also coupons online specific to your wellness card.
    :: You must login to see your coupons.
    :: Sometimes these include $3/15, $4/20, $5/25.
    :: Sometimes these include % 0ff coupons.

Help! I don’t understand. I went online but was unable to find anything. Newbie here. I would appreciate whatever you do. Thanks

• Kara says

Anne, go to http://www.riteaid.com and sign into your account by clicking the Login Link (if you haven’t created an account yet, click on “Login” and click the “Register Today” button). One logged in, go to the “Wellness+ Online” link on the left hand side of the page. If you have any Wellness + Offers, you will see them in the left hand box next to your reward status. If you have any available, you will see a description with a link to print the offer. Hope that helps!

5. Shelly says

HI THERE,

I’M ALSO A NEWBIE ……
    WANTED TO KNOW IF WE COULD USE ” In-ad coupon , video coupon & manufacturer coupon” @ SAME TIME PER ITEM ?

6. Jenn says

To clarify: I’m thinking of buying the same item today that I got Up rewards on yesterday. The limit on the item is 2 UPs.

7. Estefani says

I had a question I have never used my card at rite aid for the UPs does it work the same way as cvs where you get them in the receipt and you are able to spend them right away or how does it work??

• says

You must wait until 6 am te next day to use them. and If you have never shopped at rite Aid the +Ups will load to your card instead of print on your receipt. If you prefer them to print, you must let the cashier know that you want to opt out of the digital +Ups. Hope that helps!

8. Yady says

My question is…. I just recently downloaded the RA app to my iPhone. When I log in it and load coupons to my card are all of those coupons Rite aid coupons?
    Or are some of them manufacture coupons

9. Rachell says

I have a question regarding the +up rewards. I’m planning to buy 4 different items and each item produce an +up rewards. My question is should I do one transaction or multiple transaction to get all the +up rewards?

10. lily says

Does anybody know how the rite Aid gas cards work? Can you get more than one? For same multiple transactions?

• Pinay ako says

a print code in your receipt and enter at riteaid.com/pggascash to enter your information, Gas card will be sent to you with in 4 weeks :-(