Extreme Couponing: Target Shopping

Click the picture to see my Target Vlog–or GO HERE to view. (warning: This was the first Vlog I ever made–so it is NOT great. :) )

::: Store Coupons:

• Target Printable coupons HEREž
  • Some of them are Target Web & some are MQ.
  • žYou can stack Target coupons and Manu coupons!
  • žIf the item value is less than the coupon value, Target will not give overage.

::: Purchase Coupons:

• žTarget occasionally mails out purchase coupons in a coupon booklet such as $5/$50 grocery purchase.
  • žThis $50 total can be reached BEFORE all coupons.
  • žThere will also be store coupons that you can stack

::: Gift Card Deals:

• žGift Card is offered in return for buying a specified product or products.
  • Flagged in store.
  • Purchase the correct item.
  • Scan at price scanner.
  • žGift Cards can be rolled.
  • If you do more than 1 GC Deal in a transaction you WILL receive both Gift Cards.

:: How to get a Raincheck at Target:

• žTarget will issue rain checks on out-of-stock items, except gift card promotions.
  • žCustomer Service.
  • Expire 45 days after issue.
  • žLook for tearpads.
  • žThe tearpad slip is not a rain check!

:: Target Price Matching Policy:

• žLow Price Promise.
  • žCopies, photos, print outs, or anything other than the original advertisement will not be accepted.

Target will honor any local retailer’s price in a printed ad- the following exclusions apply

• Online prices, Web-Advertised Prices or Mobile Prices (must be a printed ad)
  • žEarly bird, door busters or other special limited time, limited quantity sales
  • žMembership club or loyalty programs (no BJs, Costco etc that require a club or loyalty card)
  • žCoupon-required advertised offers (ie- items advertised with a price AFTER an in-store coupon)
  • žPrices advertised as a percent off or $ off or BOGO sales
  • žItems advertised as Clearance or closeout
  • žGoing-out-of-business liquidations
  • Expired Ads

:: Applying Coupons to Price Matching:

• žTarget coupons will be applied BEFORE the price match is made.
  • žIf the price is still lower, the price match will be made.
  • MQ will be applied AFTER the price match.

:: Additional Price Matching Tips:

• žAlways bring the complete ad in with you.
  • Make sure it shows the sale dates.
  • žCheck out at customer service.
  • You are entitled to a gift card regardless of a Price Match.

:: Additional Discounts ::

• žTarget offers a $0.05 reusable bag credit.

:: Target Coupon Policy

• žTarget will accept one MQ and one Target Coupon for each item.
  • žSuper Target coupons can be used in any Target store.
  • žGladly accept valid IP coupons.
  • If the item value is less than the coupon value, Target will not give cash back. In this situation the coupon amount may be reduced to meet the price of the product. No cash back.
  • žTarget does not accept competitor coupons.

Comments

1. Brittnee says

I noticed, as you mentioned, that some coupons that I print from Target.com state “manufactuer coupon” at the top. So my question is, are you allowed to stack one of these “manufacturer coupons” printed from Target.com with a manufacturer coupon found somewhere else? Or, are you only allowed to stack Target “Web coupons” with manufacturer coupons? Thanks!

• Josie says

They must say “Target Store Coupon” or “Target Web Coupon” on top in order to be stacked with a manu coupon. If it says manufacterer coupon on top, you can not stack that with another manufacterer coupon if they are for the same product.

2. Elena says

I was so fired up they refused my $3/1 pedigree when they were $4 each a few weeks ago. I called customer service but they coulnt do anything. I’m learning to shop during the week so I can reach CS n get it taken care of

3. ari says

hi,
    I just back from target tonight and found out that B store has cheaper offer and it’s on it’s ad. Do you happen to know if I can just bring origanl receipt and B store’s ad to target for price matching? Or I only can ask for price match when I purchase it? TIA!

4. ashley says

I HAVE PRINTED OUT TARGET WEB COUPONS AND WHEN I TOOK THEM TO THE STORE TO USE THEY WOULDN’T TAKE THEM . THEY SAID CAUSE IT DOESNT HAVE A PRICE AND IT WONT SCAN THEY CANT TAKE IT. WHY DO THEY HAVE THEM TO PRINT OUT IF THEY WONT SCAN.I HAVE PRINTED OTHER COUPONS THEY PRINTED OUT JUST FINE SO IT CANT BE MY COMPUTER OR PRINTER.

5. Geovanna says

I was wondering with Target is there any specific order to give the cashier the coupons. Does the order in what you handed them to them matter? First Target coupons and then Manufactures coupons? Ive saved shopping at target but i am curious about the order of handing the coupons.

6. Jessica says

Hi,
    I was just told by a manager that I couldn’t get a rain check on a 4 day sale item (Tag Junior, Leap Frog book? Is this true? Thanks!!

7. Sara says

Just a quick question. I went to the Target in North Hollywood and the young gentleman checker told me I could only use 1 coupon for one item, even if I bought multiple items and multiple coupons. Example: I bought 3 Kraft Homestyle Mac & Cheese and had 3 seperate coupons, 1 per item. He said I could only use 1 coupon no matter how many items I bought and regardless of whether it said it or not on the coupon. This has NOT been my previous experience EVER at any Target!!! Was this accurate????

• Josie says

that happen to me several months ago at a Target here. For whatever reason they think this! I don’t shop there anymore because they all say the same thing. It may just mean that you need to call corp and let them know. :)

• shirley says

I was printing off my Target q’s this morning and realized that they all say “Limit one coupon or offer per guest.” So it seems they can refuse. Is this new wording? I have never had any problems using one per item, but now I’m concerned.

8. Casady6 says

What do you do if you used a coupon, there were no beeps, but later you can’t find it on your receipt? Also can you take your receipt & new coupons to customer service to get a “missed coupon” applied to your previous purchase? I tried this with Vons once and it was a nightmare!

• Jane says

Omg, this happens to me all the time! I always make it a point to check my receipt carefully before leaving the store. If any q’s are missed, I’ve been able to ask for the q’s back from the cashier and take it to CS where they will refund me the q amount. Also be cautious with those gift card deals. I have a friend who has left with her gift cards, only to find out later there was a zero credit on them. They will not be able to credit or issue you a new gift card, even with a receipt. Verify balances!

9. KMom says

Hi,
    Where do I find the Target match-ups? I used to get them from the store names along the top, as it’s not in one of the drop-down menus.
    Thanks!

• Michele says

Right now it is the very first post on Josie’s site, but I think the link has been fixed and you should be able to find it by clicking the “target” logo on the right hand side of the page.

10. Katie says

How did the price match work in regards to stacking coups? If target has razors for $3, but Wal-Mart has them for $2, and I have a target coupon for $1, and a manuf coupon for $1, will they price match it? What if the target coupon were for $2 off? Thank you so much à