Double Coupons in Southern Cali–What’s the Scoop?

It seems the last couple of days there have been many questions about double coupons so I have put it here in a single post to answer any questions you may have.

1. What stores in Southern California Double Coupons?

::: Ralphs and Vons across Southern California double coupons. Some of you have stated that some of your Vons stores DO NOT double–I’m not sure as to why but every store is different. Please call your local store for details.

2. What is their policy?

– Ralphs: Ralphs will double the first “like” coupon in a transaction up to $1 (a .50 coupon becomes $1) Overage is usually allowed at Ralphs, so if your double coupon exceeds the product amount the overage comes off the rest of your order. ( you do not receive cash back–make sure to purchase something extra to eat up the overage.)

– Vons: Vons policy is that they will double the first “like” coupon in a transaction upto $1 (a .50 coupon becomes $1) Overage is NOT allowed.

—Vons is notorious for setting their “own” rules regarding coupons. EVERY VONS is different as to how many “like” coupons they will take, what sort of internet printables and so forth..please contact your local store for details on this because every store is different.

3. What does “like” Coupon mean?

‘like’ coupon simply means identical. So in our instance of Ralphs and Vons, only the first “like” coupon will double, only the first identical coupon will double.

Ex: you have (3) .50/1 coupons of the same product; only 1 of those coupons will double upto a $1. The rest will be face value (.50)

Tips when doubling coupons:

Do multiple transactions. Ralphs often does “buy 10, Get $5 off” promotions. If you have multiple coupons of the same item buy items in mixed transactions so that your coupons will double.

If there is a “Buy 10 promotion–remember that you DO NOT need to purchase 10 of the same product. Try to mix and match to get the most for your money.

Hopefully this helps everyone. If you have any additional questions please leave them in the comments!

Comments

1. Dahlia says

That really answered a lot of questions. Thanks for the post! I am curious on how many coupons are allowed in one transaction at Ralphs. Any ideas. I am also in southern california, Fullerton to be exact.

Thanks!

• Josie says

I’m not sure of amount of coupons allowed–but that is something that an Extreme Couponer would need to know :) I would think that the register could handle up to a couple hundred.

2. Lindsay says

I noticed on my last couple of trips at Ralphs they doubled all my coupons, even the “like” ones! Wondering if that’s just a random thing???

3. Matt says

Me too! My Vons and Ralphs all double my like coupons. I hope they don’t stop. I have noticed that Ralphs is starting to crack down on internet coupons and some of the stores have placed limits on the number of internet coupons they will accept.

4. christine says

i am so burnt on vons. i don’t understand how each store can create their own coupon policy but not post the terms anywhere. corporate will call on your behalf and inquire why the store is operating outside of the corporate coupon policy, but they are not able to enforce anything. for example, the vons store coupons where you need a minimum of $10 to use the coupon, i know one vons which will not let you apply any of the items you’re using the coupons on towards that $10 minimum. you are not allowed to apply purchases of alcohol towards the $10 minimum either. the customers and cashier were laughing at me because “i didn’t know how to use my own coupons”.

5. Lindsay says

My Von’s doesn’t double my like coupons past the first one, but they NEVER give me hassle about using coupons! There are two Ralphs close to me, and one of them is really weird about coupons and the other is not at all! I guess each store is different, but the actual coupons at Ralphs are scanning in double for all of them! LOVE that! Hope they keep it up as well! Makes it worth going there! @Matt -

6. Mary Ann says

The Vons I go to in Garden Grove and Huntington Beach only double one “like” coupon, but the Ralphs I go to in Huntington Beach (Meadowlark Shopping Center) doubled four like coupons the other day. I just started shopping there, so I’ll see if it continues or if it was just a fluke.

7. Yvette in Corona says

My Ralphs store actually doubled all of my coupons and gave me overage as well. I also used 5 coupons for 5 “Free” products and they accepted all of them. The cashier was a bit hesitant and asked someone before accepting all of them. Another cashier said that there wasn’t a limit my cashier accepted them.
    My Ralphs also has their store coupon policy displayed on a huge sign in front of the store. I have yet to read it but will def do so when I get the chance.

I don’t shop too much at Vons because they never have a consistent coupon policy. One cashier told me I was only allowed to use only 2 “like” coupons per transaction! She went ahead and “made an exception” for me that time LOL.

8. Trish says

I am in San Diego and Vons will only double the first. I dislike Vons from some previous experiences (before couponing days) so I have only tried one location, and I only go there for the best deals. The different cashiers get snotty, but I haven’t had any problems with the coupons.

On the other hand- I’ve been to two different Ralphs and they have doubled ALL of the coupons, even the likes. I was a little hesitant last night because I went to the downtown location and I was worried the coupon policy would be different. Nope! And I found a few extra sale items. The cashier was friendly and asked me if he was on extreme couponing! (hardly, I only had about $20 worth of coupons) lol. Anyway, IMO Ralphs is the best place to get deals (when things are on sale) due to the doubling. But the prices for non-sale items are the highest. I prefer Albertsons generally, they have consistently low prices, but won’t double coupons.

9. Jessica says

My Ralphs in San Diego doubled all my like coupons as well. I went it to get 5 of the Colgate toothpaste and all 5 of my $0.75 coupons doubled to a $1.00. I had overage that I had to eat up with a candy bar.

10. sstruck says

I am in the San Fernando Valley and the Ralphs near me do NOT double the coupons. Is there a policy somewhere that I could take with me so that they will double them if I speak to a Manager or is it based on the individual store?

11. says

@Dahlia – We are moving to Fullerton in a month or so. We are going to be there in a couple weeks to see it. I was going to go into stores near the places we were looking to see if they had coupon policies or anything like that. Vons doesn’t have limits as to how many different coupons you can have, I don’t know about Ralphs as we don’t have these in Fresno where we are now. I would just ask your local store manager to be sure.

12. Mandy says

I shop at the Fontana and Rancho Cucamonga Ralphs stores and so far they double all coupons.
    As far as the number of coupons allowed per transaction, the most I recently used in one transaction were 13 coupons. No problems.

But last week a cashier at the self check out asked me for the first time, if I was aware of the 3 manufacturer’s coupon limit? I was not but I guess there is such a thing at least at my store … but so far no one enforced it. Let’s hope it stays like that.

13. Yvette in Corona says

@Melissa@ The Sassy Saver
    Hi Melissa :)
    This happened to me back in March and I was using 4 manufacturer coupons :o The cashier actually asked another cashier and they both said there was a limit. Not sure if the limit is on “like coupons” or coupons overall. I didn’t ask because she was “allowing” me to use 4 like coupons that day… I just smiled and said thanks for the info! LOL

14. melissa says

@Mary Ann – I think i might go to the same one, haven’t used coupons there really, but there are definitely some really nice cashiers there. I use W.I.C. checks (always a pain) and they let things go though that beep, but obviously meet wic requirements. It’s where i do most of my shopping, as I have never had a nice cashier at a vons, ever, and albertsons is kind of a hit and miss.
    In my experience there is only one cashier at the ralphs i go too that just gives me attitude every time i go in there. But i’m glad to know that they double more then one like coupon, i might try to go test that out, cause that would be very handy.

15. KO says

This is to Yvette in Corona….can you tell me what Ralphs you go to? I live in Chino Hills and hate my local Ralphs store…I get hassled everytime and they are never as helpful as you mentioned. I’m in Corona regularly so it would be great to go to a new store that doubles more than the first like coupon!!!
    Thanks!!
    @Yvette in Corona -

16. Nicole says

Hi there! I’m so glad to have found a Southern CA coupon match up site!! I”m in San Diego and haven’t found many websites for our area.

Just got back from Ralphs and have a few questions…
    1) Can I use 2 coupons for BOGO sale? Tried to use 2 $1/1 Q for BOGO Disney Vitamins but the cashier only took 1 because “you are only paying for 1 of them and the other is free”….hmmm, thought I could use 2 since I technically am purchasing 2 items.

2) I had a $0.55/3 Horizon Milk Singles (on slae 4/$5), I purchased 3 hoping for the double Q. BUT, cashier said it won’t double because its “liquid milk”….but I don’t recall the Q specifically saying “do not double”, so I assumed it should have doubled!? I let it go but feel cheated of my $0.45! haha

3) They just put out manager specials for Kraft BBQ sauce ($0.79 ea) and Dove Body Wash ($4.48 ea)….pre-couponing I would have snagged these in a heartbeat because I think these are great prices, BUT, knowing I could possibly get them for cheaper made me stop in my tracks…. WOuld you happen to know if there are any Qs out there right now for these 2 items? I could use both of these right about now!

4) How do I calculate my % savings? Usually when I shop at Vons the percentage is right on the receipt, but my Ralphs receipt only shows total dollar amount saved. This is probably the most basic calculation….

Thanks a bunch for your very informative website and vlogs!

• Josie says

1. Techniacally you can–some stores are iffy about it (so it depends on your store) sometimes cashiers don’t understand that anyway. There is no offically copy of the Ralphs coupon policy so there is nothing to go buy.
      2. I do believe those are not supposed to be doubled but that also depends on the store
      3. use the coupon database–you may find some coupons! http://www.southerncalisaver.com/coupon-database/

17. Yvette in Corona says

@KO – Hi KO :)
    Hi KO! I go to the Ralphs on Green River Rd in Corona. The last few times I went with coupons they have been pretty friendly and have doubled all of my coupons up to $1.00. Hope this helps! If you see someone with a Red and black coupon binder, that’s me! LOL

Good luck KO!

18. melissa says

Just got back from ralphs and decided to do the colgate toothpaste deal. I bought two and both coupons doubled to cover the entire 1.76. Also bought two aleve 24 ct cause they are buy one get one and the cashier had no problem using two coupons. Paid 4.43 total. One aleve costs 5.79. So pretty happy about it. No overage though but you can’t win them all.

19. ATHENA says

The Ralphs Store in Chino CA is quite coupon friendly. I just started shopping there. So far the 2 times I have used coupons they have not yet give me any problems. Last night the cashier actually trust me and ask me how much the El Monterey items are as I have 2 BOGO free coupons. I told her they are $4.99 ( but $4.49 after mega). Before I was actually nervous going to Ralphs cause I wasnt familiar with their coupon policy or attitude of their Cashiers but so far its been good. I also been to Vons in the area and notice they only double 1 like coupon.

20. td says

I noticed the Ralph’s in Woodland Hills stopped doubling coupons today. Only bought 3 items & I’m sure this is a recent change since I have a receipt showing coupons that doubled 2 weeks ago.

21. Lisa says

I’m so glad I stumbled onto this site. I didn’t think my Vons or Ralphs doubled. I live in San Diego (Rancho Bernardo). They might not double in RB but at least it’s good to know that some stores do. It might warrant a little drive to the ones that participate in double coupons

• Josie says

Lisa: I visit a Ralphs that is 7 miles from my house that is great with doubling coupons! The one that is next store is a hassle–so the extra drive is totally worth it to me :)

22. Sonya says

@sstruck – I’m with sstruck – I live in SFV as well and my Ralph’s has NEVER doubled a single coupon. Do you have to go on a certain day? Or is there a “doubler” coupon like Albertson’s puts out? Or do you have to tell them to double or what???

• Josie says

You can not make your store double coupons. I am only talking about the wording on the coupon. For example; if you take your coupon that says “do not double” to a store that DOES double coupons; depending on if it starts with a “5″ or “9″ in the code it will still double it’s value. It is up to the store to chose if they will not double it.

23. Nicole says

@Lisa – I’m in RB also (4S Ranch). I recently shopped at the Ralphs in 4S and they did double my Qs (according to their policy of doubling 1 “like” coupon). I haven’t seen many couponers here in SD so it’s nice to someone else from my neck of the woods!

24. Yvette in Corona says

@KO – Oh good stuff KO!
    I love to meet other coupon shoppers –watch out for my red and black binder ;) ;)

Let me know how it turns out for you ~~Wishing you lots of luck~~ :)

25. kevin says

@Lindsay – hi lindsey, i was wondering if you could give me an idea as to which so cal ralphs that was. could you? or if anyone knows of any in or near the san gabriel valley area that would help :).

thanks

26. Lavi says

Hi Ladies, I live in the Beaumont area. There is a Vons about 10 mins from me, I called to see if they double coupons and somehow got transferred to a hopefully new cashier who apparently didnt know about the coupon policy, does anyone who lives in this area know if they double coupons or not? Im new at couponing and need all the help I can get. Any tips are more then welcomed! BIG THANKS:c)

• Josie says

Hope that helps.

27. kevin says

@Yvette in Corona – hi yvette just read this blog/forum and saw you are in corona. im over in the san gabriel valley (626) so im glad to hear of stores somewhat close that have been coupon friendly :).

hopefully there is one that is and is closer to me too :). good luck and if have any tips would like to hear what you have. thanks

28. Lisa says

@Nicole – thanks for the info at Ralps. Thats actually the closest Ralps to me. I went to Vons today in RB and the cashier told me that they double coupons up to a dollar. So if you have a .75¢ Q, they can only take $1 and not $1.50. They also will only double 2 same coupons. No more than 2. Does ralps in 4S have a limit of $1 too?

29. Sonya says

@Josie – I’m not talking about MAKING them double a coupon – I’m asking (and I was very literal about it) if there is a certain day you need to go, or do you need to tell them “hey, you double coupons, right?” or if there’s a double coupon like Vons or Albertsons puts out. I just find it odd that everyone’s getting their coupons doubled, yet no one at my Ralphs even seems to have a clue how to accept coupon stacking, much less doubling anything.

30. Sonya says

@Lisa – I think your cashier was mistaken. My vons takes a “doubler” coupon that’s put out once a week in their mailer – and they double up to $1. This means that the coupon can be up to this price, not the total of the coupon AND the double. So if you have a coupon for $ .75, your total discount will be $1.50 – if your coupon is $1, your total discount will be $2.

31. patti says

Hi
    Our Vons in Hesperia and Victorville don’t double coupon anymore although they have had a double day, rarely and my sister said her Ralphs in San Bernardino didn’t double for her anymore.. I wonder with the extreme coupon show on tlc will hurt or help. Thanks

32. Eren says

I am confused, if a store doubles coupons do they double from just a single coupon or do you have to have two of the same coupon for it to be doubled? So basically if I have a .50 off coupon and the store doubles do I need two of these .50 off coupons to get the dollar off or will it automatically do it with just one of the .50off coupons?

Also, I live in Whittier, Ca…..does anyone know for certain if any stores around this area double?
    Thanks! =)

• Lisa says

Oh boy! You are a coupon virgin ;-). You only need one coupon and they will double it. Most of us couponers use more than one. So if something is on sale, we buy not just one but 5. We use 5 coupons. Depending on the store, they will double all 5 or just a couple.

33. kevin says

hi eren,
    well stores in the general area that i know double (at least up to a dollar) are ralphs, and vons, and think maybe albertsons. for example you have 3 coupons, 1 of .30, 1 of .60, and 1 of 1.00. the first one gets doubled to .60 off, next one to 1.00 (up to $1 remember), and last one doesnt double since it already a dollar or more value.

hope that helps some. let me know :)
    @Eren -

34. Angela says

Recently moved to San Diego area and have had yet to find a good decent priced grocery store that will take double coupons en masse.
    In the Bay Area of No. Cali, I used to go to Food Source on their Double or Triple Coupon Days, and since being here, I am lucky to get stores to even price match. Use to buy over $800+ for less than $100. Really frustrated so far. Surprisingly thing is, I never thought it would cost more for groceries down here than it is in the San Francisco region. Absolutely horrible. Anyone have any ideas about grocers in So. Cali that will double more than just 1 “like” coupon. I like using coupons because it allows me to save a lot of money and put that towards vacations or activities for me and my daughter. Am willing to travel even to the LA area on a day if it means I am saving a lot of money. Any clues? Definitely open for suggestions.

Albertsons on Waring Rd. takes coupons but doesn’t double any.
    Food 4 Less is the same and they WILL NOT match anything but swear they are the lowest around- THAT’s a huge lie.
    Rite Aid- BOGOs they won’t take 2 coupons for each item because they say the item must be advertised at a price per item example in the BOGO announcement.

CVS doesn’t really like coupons from what I can tell. Both on Friars near Mission Gorge at near the 163.

Vons at Zion Ave in Mission Valley is horrible for pricing and coupons alike. They will freely scan manufacture coupons. Hate to double anything. Practically useless going there due to the high prices on staples. And they don’t like price matching.

Literally am willing to commute if it saves me thousands across the year.

I really am a person that likes to research anything before I spend. Getting deals is what helps me pay for things I actually want on the rare occasion.

Holy Cow- San Diego is expensive!

35. ana says

Hello:
    I watched a show yesterday that really opened my eyes about using coupons. I always check out my weekly specials and thought I did ok., but after watching this program I realized that I could do really good. These are very difficult times for my family. I will continue to read this post to learn all about the best way to save at the check out stand and help my family. I live in the city of San Gabriel bordering Arcadia any suggestions?

36. charlene says

I just started using coupons and would like to know which Ralphs in San Diego Double Coupons. I have called a couple of store and haven’t had any luck.

37. Angela says

@charlene
    Hi Charlene!
    I just went to the one on Ralph Drwy.

Amazing Deal I snagged today in 1st trip there:

6 Bottles Liquid TIDE HE 32 Loads $9.99 – 2.00 (Ralphs Card)
    7.99 (Free MC) = 0.00 each

38. Angela says

My computer powered down and accidentally hit submit.

Here’s the rest:

3 Playtex GentleGuide 36 pk 11.99
    Manager’s Special Markdown to 3.19
    -2X 2.50/2 MC (SS 6/19)

Johnson and Johnson Red Cross Gauze Pad Qty 10 2×2 1.99 down to 1.49

Blinkies from Food 4 Less $3/2 FREE

Altogether with some Danonino Yogurts used with a double coupon of 0.50 and even a toy added in I paid only 7.49 to include 5.35 in taxes.
    So total breakdown of my purchase a regular price total before savings card and coupons was 103.88. After was 5.35 taxes + subtotal balance was 2.14 for a total of 7.49 98% savings.

Very high regular prices at this location so I will have to keep my eyes open on the multiple item deals. Seems they have more deals if you buy quantities of 5 or more. Get those MCs people. You’re going to need them here to get the most of your money.

Overall, I feel great about this visit.

39. Lisa says

hi vanessa, not sure about ralps but the vons in rb doubles only 2 of the same coupon. Also, they only double up to a $1 so if you have $1 off coupon, its already at their max and it won’t be doubled. Pretty weak. Let me know if you find out about ralps. @vanessa -

40. Lisa says

@Angela – hi angela, I’m finding it hard to save too. You mentioned cvs and vons don’t like taking coupons. Print out their coupon policy so you won’t have that problem. I run into people who get irritated taking coupons and think I’m running a scam but as long as you know their coupon policy, you will avoid problems. I save a lot at cvs.

41. charlene says

@Angela
    Hi Angela!

Thanks for the info, but I need the address since I have not found a Ralph store with the name of that street. Pleasa and Thank you.

42. Xtina Q says

Did you go to the 4s ranch ralph’s? That’s my primary store and my first couponing trip was awesome. It was the colgate deal a few weeks ago and I went on a Sunday afternoon and got a young female cashier (blonde, long in ponytail). I separated my transaction because of the 4 like coupon policy and she told me just to put it all together because “yep, they’ll all work together”. I got 5 toothbrushes and 5 toothpastes for $.66! BUT last week I went on tuesday late at night and got a super rude older cashier with short curly dark hair. She wouldn’t take more than 3 like coupons and didn’t even try to scan them. She just gave them back to me and I was too flustered to check. When I got home I saw one was not even a like coupon! She even spoke loud enough to me so that the few customers around could hear her when she said, “I’m pretty sure I told you this same thing LAST week”. I managed to stammer that ” umm I didn’t even have you last week”. Tomorrow I am going to look for the blonde cashier who was nice!@Lisa -

43. Nat says

@Sonya – Im also in the San Fernando Valley, and my Ralphs doesnt double! I do work in a different area and dont mind making a stop at a Ralphs that does double…but how do I go about finding out? Do you guys happen to know of any Ralphs anywhere from Simi Valley (93062) to North Hollywood (91602) that doubles coupons?

44. Sonya says

@Nat – Ralph’s on Magnolia/Vineland in NoHo Arts District doubles but only to $1 cap – and the computer doesn’t do it automatically, sometimes you have to “remind” the cashiers. The Ralph’s on Burbank/Woodman? – in that area somewhere in Sherman Oaks also doubles and are much easier with their doubles (automatically doubles when scanned).

45. Nat says

@Sonya – thanks so much for that info Sonya, I know the two Ralphs stores you mentioned and funny enough, I pass by the one in Sherman Oaks all the time! Ill just have to plan my shopping trips when Im in the area. Appreciate the help! : )

46. Leslie says

Hi fellow couponers. I need help. I live in the Inland Empire, Meniffe area & need to know what are good stores to shop at with my coupons. Albertsons doesn’t double, Vons is super weird about Q’s period, and Ralphs is hit & miss. If anyone lives out here in this area and has any suggestions please let me know. I’ll even go to any of the surrounding cities out here in order to maximize my savings. Thanks everyone. Appreciate the help.

• Kara says

Hi Lesie, I am also in Menifee and have found that most of the stores out here are pretty coupon friendly. Even even when I branch out to Murrieta or Temecula, I always come back to my local stores. They seem the most coupon friendly out of any of the surrounding areas (lucky us)! My favorite tip is to get to know the cashiers at the stores you frequent. There are some cashiers that are WAY more coupon friendly than others. Get to know which cashiers are…and make sure you jump in their line. Here is a list of my favorite stores to shop at in our area:

Grocery Stores:
      1. Ralphs on Newport & Antelope – Double first like coupon (sometimes more) and get double points with Shell receipt are perks to shopping here. Always friendly with coupons – the two male cashiers are my favorite!
      2. Vons in Sun City off McCall – Double first like coupon is a perk to shopping here. Delaney is my favorite cashier!
      3. Albertsons off Scott Rd. & Antelope – Love when they issue double coupons and have been having great Catalina promotions lately! Super coupon friendly. I even noticed last night that in the HBA isles, they had coupons taped on products! Management is SUPER nice & super accommodating here!
      4. Super Target in the Menifee Market Place – I hear horror stories about shopping at Target with coupons. I have never once had a problem at this one (and I shop there a lot)!

Drug Stores:
      1. Walgreens off Newport and Murrieta – My favorite Wags by far! Tape coupons on items throughout the store and are super coupon friendly. Some of the cashiers even ask if you would like to split up your transactions so that you can roll your RR! They are AWESOME & I love the manager here!
      2. Rite Aid Newport & Murrieta (across the street from Wags) – always coupon friendly and super nice cashiers!

Hope that helps Leslie! Maybe we’ll run into each other couponing at one of these stores sometime :-)

47. Geovanna says

ok so i have a question i live in anaheim/buena park, i went on a trip and saved 30 dollars at target so im kind of hooked any know what grocery store if any near either city doubles coupons and if they do is it a certain day? please help me im really hooked :D thanks

48. Christine says

It is very common to see alcohol, tobacco and dairy products excluded, but especially alcohol and tobacco. It has to do with dairy pricing limits and special taxes paid on the latter two. They are all highly regulated by the government. If stores are allowing you to apply alcohol of tobacco, they are doing it in error so enjoy!

Best Wishes,
    Former Tobacco Store Owner

@christine -

49. Angela says

@charlene

Hi Charlene, the Ralphs I frequent most is the one on Friars Rd. it is near the 163 Freeway just near Hazard Center or Mission Center Rd. There is a CVS there too where if the price is right, you just might be able to score some really cheap or free travel items. Keep up on the store policy at this Ralphs…they change it a lot and don’t want to have to honor corporate policy. Depending on who you get, you may get the runaround.

50. jluvly says

@sstruck – Let me know what you find. i live in the SFV also and i don’t think the Ralph’s near me doubles.. But i am new to couponing and haven’t tried yet..

51. Sarah says

@Melissa@ The Sassy Saver
    Hey,
    I live in Fullerton and let me say, go to Ralphs! they are wonderful when it comes to coupons and while they only double the first like coupon in a transaction, all of their cashiers are very informed and helpful! Every associate I’ve spoken to has been very helpful and nice. I love the Ralphs off Yorba Linda Blvd and Bradford the most. They are great. Bonus- like many other stores, you can earn cash toward future purchases with the use of your Ralphs card and their clearance sections rocks! :)
    Good luck in Fullerton!

52. Yvette in Corona says

@Kristi Norco CA
    Hi Kristi, I go to the Ralph’s off of Green River here in Corona but they have now stopped the doubling of all “like” coupons. They only double the first “like” coupon and if the second “like” coupon doubled, the cashier actually overrode it and didn’t let it go through. :(

53. neal says

Good info here! I go to the chino ralphs, if I remember correctly I had a few of the same coupons and they all doubled to $1.
    does anyone have a good website for deal matches (sales w/ coupons)? Or do you just figure them out on your own. I need to find a good one for so CA. The ones I’ve found only have like 8 deals lol

• Josie says

You’ve found it Neal! :) Just hit the Grocery Stores tab and you will see all the latest deals on your favorite stores :)

54. Michael says

I just got back from my Ralphs here in Lake Forest off El Toro Road and they did not double my only coupon for Pepsi Max ($0.55). Still paid $0.45 for it, but was surprised to see no doubling even with my Ralph’s Card.

55. Michelle says

IF Ralphs ony doubles only first coupon how do these extreme couponer get all that overage to cover other groceries. Like the lady with 100 mustards and 10 cent overage on each one her store doubled each coupon, How can I find ways to repeat this in so cal?

56. michelle says

So If they only double first one how does someone get many free items of the same product in So Cal like on the show extreme couponing?

• Josie says

The rules for the particular store that you may have seen has the rules bent for that shopper. In real life–that store does not allow that and only did it for the show. Hope that helps!

57. Rich says

I just came across this site, and noticed that my Ralph’s (Off Santa Margarita and Los Alisos in Mission Viejo) does not double coupons. Do I need to ASK them to double the coupons? or does the system automatically do it if it is allowed? TY!

• Josie says

You do not need to ask Rich, any coupons below $1 should double. Also there are some stores in the So Cal area that do not double.

58. Jen says

Im in south Orange County and used to shop at the Ralph’s in Dana Point (Golden Lantern/Camino del Avion) – was wondering if they double all or just the first like one? Or if the San Clemente Ralph’s (Camino Las Mares) doubles all like ones? Love this site and love the comments too- everyone is so willing to help each other

59. Eileen says

I am totally new to couponing but I have about 50 manufacturer coupons that I have cut out of the LA Times that i can actually use. I have read every post above mind and it has helped a lot! I have a couple questions (sorry if I sound like an idiot but in all honesty, I have never once used a coupon at a grocery store):

1. If I have a coupon for $1 off a single item (salad dressing) and the cost of it is $1.50 with club price at Vons lets say, how do I apply the double coupon factor???
    2. Some coupons say $0.55 off purchase of “3″ air freshners… so does that mean I have to buy 3 to get only a total of $0.55 off or is it $0.55 off each??
    3. How do you get more than one item per coupon, is that possible? Can I apply the coupon I have for the salad dressing to several or does it just apply to one? How do people but stock piles then!?
    4. I have to admit, I watch the show, I just want to understand how they buy 10 of one item and only pay $0.10? Do they have 10 of the same coupon??
    5. Any other insight or advice would be great. I do not have much space but I would like to stock up on items I use regularly. I live in the San Fernando Valley of LA Country, California.

Best, E

• Kara says

Hey Eileen, here are a few of the answers to your questions:
      1. At Vons and Ralphs, your first “like” coupon will double up to a dollar. For example, your .55/1 coupon will become $1/1, and your .25/1 coupon will become .50/1, however, any coupon valued at $1 or more will be held at face value. In your example, you would pay .50 for the salad dressing after your $1/1 coupon.
      2. Yes, you have to purchase “3″ air fresheners to use a coupon that is .55/3 air fresheners. However, remember the example above. This coupon will double at Vons or Ralphs to become $1/3.
      3. You can use 1 coupon per item purchased. You cannot use the same coupon to get more than the number that the coupon states. People build stockpiles by having multiple coupons (getting multiple papers, or printing out coupons online) and then using them when items are at rock bottom price.
      4. Yes, in order to get 10 of an item, you will have to use 10 coupons (assuming the coupon is for $x/1).
      5. Other advice…start out slow. Learn 1 store at a time and ask lots of questions. Everyone here is really friendly and always chimes in with lots of helpful tips/answers. Also, check out Josie’s beginner section. It is filled with helpful information. http://www.southerncalisaver.com/couponing-101/

Hope that helps! Couponing is the best.
      Start slow and don’t give up…you’ll be saving tons and building a stockpile in no time!

60. Amanda says

I’m with Dalia…new to couponing and would love to learn from an extreme couponer in my area of Rancho but will travel to local cities for the opportunity.

61. fabian says

hello im new to couponing and I was wondering if I go to ralphs and lets say I have a 0.50 cupon for colgate toothpaste and colgate toothpaste is a dollar and I get 10 toothpastes can I do 10 seperate transactions for each toothpaste so my coupon could double? im really confused sorry to bother you.

• says

Fabian, in order for a coupon to double the store must double your coupon. Example: You take a $0.50 coupon for Colgate toothpaste the store will add an extra $0.50 on your order for having a coupon for $0.50. Essentially making the product free if it was $1. However, there are no too many stores that do that here in California.. mainly independently owned stores.