Albertsons: New Rewards Program

It seems that the last week the talk has been all about Albertsons! It was brought to my attention that some areas have started a new rewards program. The program looks very similar to the Ralphs points program:

• Earn $5 for every 5000 points that you accumulate.
  • Look for specially marked items to know which items will gain points.
  • Earn 10 points for every $1 purchased on participating items. ( ex: Lay’s Chips is a participating item at $4.49–you get 40 points)

So far, I have only seen this in the San Diego area Albertsons. I’m unsure if this will spread to the rest of us–but usually stores like to pilot a certain area to test new programs before they push it out to the rest of the stores.

If you live in the San Diego Area–You must register to get a new card to participate in this program. You can sign up here and it looks like they start you off with a free 500 points!

Comments

1. Michele says

I wondered when they were going to get around to doing that. :) Walgreens is next. Even if we don’t live in San Diego area can we sign up now in anticipation of it getting here eventually?

• Josie says

no. :( I tried. I signed my mother up who lives in the San Diego Area and she got a completely different email than what I got. (I signed myself up for a new card) When you register it asks you to specify a store and if it isn’t in the SD area than you don’t get the offer.

2. Michelle says

I’m in SD and I like the program. They even mailed me a booklet telling me to upgrade and it had a coupon for 5000 points! I used it and $5 printed out on my receipt!

3. Katharine says

It’s a good idea to have a rewards program but 5000 points is a lot! Other than having a coupon for 5000 points like the comment before me, michelle, i dont see how i will get 5000 points unless i shop there everyday! Ralphs has the same program but its 500 points for 5 dollars….I think thats better. Does anyone know if there is cycles for these points for albertsons? Ralphs rewards points all come in cycles for every few months.

4. Briana says

@Katharine – You get 100 points for each dollar, so its basically the same as Ralph’s. I signed up last week, its super easy to upgrade. I figure any extra they want to give is fine by me. Hopefully it will be worth it!

5. says

I live in Santa Clarita, California and I’ve already reached my 5000 points and received a $5 coupon two weeks ago. They explained that they were testing thus program out but so far I haven’t signed up for a new card or anything. They said that they would honor these coupons as they are printing in our area though they’ve been trying it mostly in San Diego.

6. Bethany says

I got mine 2 weeks ago and already got my 1st $5 off. I found many of the things I buy already were worth more points. Most items are worth 10 points for every dollar, but some are a dollar item worth 300-500 points or more. :-) So far I’m pretty happy with it.

7. MD says

Oh, nice! I have this odd habit of doing the surveys on the receipt. Everytime I did Albertsons I wrote “if they had a Rewards program like Ralphs, and if they doubled all coupons, I’d shop there more often”. Not saying the programs is coming bc of me. :p I’ll keep my eyes peeled for it. I’m in OC.