Check a Spanish Newspaper for Coupons!

I have closed comments on this post.

I have heard that there is a local Spanish paper that has coupons in it–I just wasn’t sure which one and how often it was. The great thing is that the La Prensa is free and it had two inserts in it this Sunday.

I found the P&G in it along with a Spanish Smart Source (which was completely different then the Smart Source that we all received) I’m not complete sure if the La Prensa has coupons every Sunday–but it doesn’t hurt to check if you want to snag an extra insert! :)

Please note: I am not suggesting that you take all of the newspapers just for the inserts. This was simply an observation done by me late last night when I walked by newspaper stands to pick up an extra paper. Please use common sense when picking up papers. and leave some for others.

Comments

1. LETICIA says

Josie also LA OPINION Sometimes has coupons in them.. I think its on Thrusday or Friday.. Were i live we dnt have LA PRENSA

2. Elizabeth says

I get the “Hoy Fin de Semana” on Saturday’s for free and it includes the RP, SS & P&G coupons. My non-spanish speaking neighbors kindly give me theirs.

3. Sara says

La opinion has coupons every Saturday but not that many,I got 2 inserts in that one.

4. LILY21 says

NOT TO OFFEND ANYONE BUT IF YOU DON’T SPEAK SPANISH PLEASE DON’T GET THE NEWSPAPER JUST FOR THE INSERTS AND THEN THROW THEN AWAY. I SAW A LADY WHO TOOK ABOUT 10 ISSUES WENT TO HER CAR GOT THE INSERTS OUT AND THREW THE NEWSPAPERS ON TRASHCAN. I GET THE NEWSPAPER TO READ IT EVERY WEEK, TO FIND OUT WHAT GOING ON WITH HISPANIC COMUNITY AND MY HUSBAND ALSO READS IT. BUT WHEN I SEE PEOPLE JUST GETTING FOR THE INSERTS THAT MAKES ME MAD. ANYWAYS THOSE NEWSPAPERS ONLY COME WITH INSERTS ONCE A MONTH AND ON RARE OCCASIONS TWICE. BUT SINCE ANOTHER BLOG MADE THE SAME COMMENT NOW ITS HARD FIND ANY.

5. LILY21 says

@Josie – JOSIE I KNOW YOU WEREN’T BUT SOME PEOPLE I DON’T KNOW HOW TO EXPLAIN MYSELF. BUT PEOPLE ARE GREEDY AND ALL THEY CARE IS ABOUT THE INSERTS. LIKE THE STORY ON FRONT PAGE IS ABOUT A LADY THAT LOST HER HUSBAND WHEN HE WAS TRYING TO COME BACK TO THIS COUNTRY. I KNOW IT WAS WRONG WHAT THE GUY DID BUT THE LADY OF THE STORY IS ASKING FOR HELP. AND IF THE NEWSPAPER IS GETTING THROWN AWAY THERE WON’T BE MUCH HELP.

6. Maria says

@LILY21 – Your comments are ridiculous and unfair towards Josie. To suggest that a newspaper is only for the Latino community is simply outrageous. If you want to know what is really happening in the Latino community, please dont read this silly newspaper, there are better sources. First come first serve. I am Latino by the way (not Hispanic)

7. Dana O says

Originally Posted By SaraI get HOY in saturdays it’s free and always has the same inserts as la times Sunday’s,I got 4 inserts two ss one rp and p&g.

Do you pick it up at a local market or get it delivered to you?

8. Curtis says

The Hoy paper has newspaper machines located next to many Los Angeles Times machines. They are free and can be found in many areas, especially those with a large Latino/Hispanic community. I have a friend that lives in Koreatown (Vermont @ 3rd) and see the machines everywhere). I like getting them because they usually have the Kmart weekly ad (which never comes in my LA Times) and it helps me keep up on my Spanish.