What is on your Face?

Soo….there has been tons of questions on this new $8/2 Covergirl coupon. I have to admit…I love this coupon but I dislike it at the same time.

Plenty of you have been asking: What is a “face” product. So…I called Covergirl Customer Service to ask what they considered Face products..and they told me:

• Blush
  • Foundation
  • Concealer
  • Make up tools
  • Bronzer
  • Powder

I know I have lips and eyes….I guess Lips and eyes are not on your face? So whats on your Face?

Sometimes…I am left speechless because I just don’t get it. but. I’ll leave it at that. :)

Comments

1. Michele says

I just went to Rite Aid and got 3 powder/foundations. Since they didn’t have 4 I let my daughter pick out a mascara. I asked the manager if she knew what was considered “face” and she did not know. So we decided to try and the register took the coupons.

2. says

I bought two foundations, 2 concealers and 4 blushes. The cashier fumbled over them, looked at the coupon and said that they weren’t face. Then looked at the coupon closer and just scanned them all. Makes me wonder what she thought face was.

3. Dinah says

I went to rite aid this morning and a very rude cashier stated the tools or conceler were not part of the face so I went back and got only blushes and foundation because of the buy one get one 50% she rung me up then stated she could not take my coupons because both items were not 8 dollar they were 7.92 then started complaining to other customers about having to deal with me and my coupons I decided to give up and just leave all items I was so frustrated and confused.

4. Robin says

I didn’t even tread the coupon thoroughly! I got an eye shadow and a eye liner at Target and the coupon worked with no issues. Oops! It cost me $0.12.

5. Robin says

@Dinah – Which Rite Aid was this? I want to avoid it! Any checker who complains to other customers about anything should be written up. I’m sorry that happened to you!

6. debbie b says

i would call the store manager. the customer is always right. thats what i thought was the motto! anyway…she is a rep of the store and has no buisness talking to you or about you that way. call the manager. i went to right aid and had no problem buying my blushes, powder or foundation. most of my things were only 5.49. the coup is $8 off 2. that means $4 each.

7. Jen says

8. Ashley says

oh wow… At my local RA in Oceanside, I went in yesterday and bought 1 Loose Powder, 1 Lipstick, 1 Eyeliner, and 1 Mascara… I didn’t have a problem at all using the coupon… Didn’t realize when they said “Face Products” that they only considered that certain items….

9. Melissa says

I went to Rite Aide today (Mission Hills, CA) and purchased two eyeliners and two mascaras no problem. I didn’t read the coupon closely and the lovely man at the check out counter didn’t either. Coupons worked fine. :-)

10. Peelie Picken Daddy says

I went to my local RITE AIDS and bought 9 forgive me but these numbers are aprox.) 250 eye shadows , 100 mascaras , 60 blushes, 100 eye liners pencils , and cant wait to get my truck load of free Taylor Swift stocking stuffers. Had not a single issue at my store, just recieved tons of compliments from cashiers about the great coupon and all the money I was saving. I love RITE AID again!

11. Dinah says

Wow I really got a horrible cashier then I am semi new to couponing and don’t go to rite aid often I live in Ventura and there is only 2 rite aids I can think of I am more of a CVS and target kind of gal but I see fellow couponers get and post great deals at rite aid I will definately be calling rite aid on this one. I have never felt so low like today when this lady tried to make me feel stupid. I am an educated person I have a masters degree I’m clinical psychology and started couponing when the university I was working at had budget cuts I just hope future experiences are not this bad

12. Jaclyn says

If you were to tell someone to draw a “face” that would include eyes, nose & a mouth. So I would *think* you would be able to use it on anything applied to your “face”. Just my 2 cents! ;)

13. VERNA says

@PEELIE PICKEN DADDY – WHOA! I THOUGHT I DID GOOD AT RITEAID…I ACTUALLY MADE MONEY… FIRST I ASKED IF ANY OF THE COVERGIRL PRODUCTS APPLIED AND THE CASHIER TOLD ME YES, AND IT RANG THROUGH NO PROBLEM, I GOT 2 MASCARAS, 2 BLUSHES, 2 EYELINERS AND 2 LIP GLOSSES, USED 4- $8 COUPONS (TOTAL $32.00 OFF) AND STILL GOT $10 BACK IN UP REWARDS. WHAT ARE THE TAYLOR SWIFT STOCKING STUFFERS? I SAW SOMETHING ON MY RECEIPT BUT I THINK I THREW THAT PART AWAY, :(

14. LovinMyCoupons says

@Dinah – Hi Dinah! I am from Ventura too! Which store did you have issues at & with who? you can find me on Couponmom.com and we can chat there.

15. Anon says

I’m with John. @Peelie Picken Daddy- what on earth do you need that much makeup for, as I assume you do not even wear makeup?? Couponing isn’t a game of hoarding for everyone, as it appears to be for you. Some people are happy to save on a few items they need whenever possible, because they need to save, and it makes me so frustrated that people like you literally RUIN it for everyone else. Why do you think the stores change the policies, coupon values are less, etc. It is hard enough in So Cal without giving the stores reasons to make it harder.

16. meryl says

Originally Posted By JenI went to Rite Aid yesterday (Tustin, CA) and tried to buy two blushes and the cashier told me it wasn’t face product. :/ whatever. I took my coupon back and told her I would use it somewhere else. Irritating.

Unbelievable that they wouldn’t even let you use it correctly!!!

17. Anne says

I didn’t know there’s a better deal at Rite Aid for the cover girl coupons, so I went to Target on Sunday since there’s also a $2/2 target coupon for Olay or Cover girl products. The last time I checked, my mouth is on my face so I bought the tinted lip balms and blushes. My 1st transaction was for 2 blushes and it scanned fine. The 2nd was the lip balm and blush but it beeped. The cashier called the mgr. and mgr. looked at the fine print and let the coupons go through since they’re both face products after all. However, now I’m wondering if their not intended for lip products since it beeped?

18. Peelie Picken Daddy says

@VERNA – You can go to the website and enter every single one of the codes to get points to get anything from a Taylor Swift tour key chain , T-shirt , Concert tickets etc. Every one is like a winner of something free of your choosing. I will be expecting a big truck to deliver all the stuff I get from all my points LOL

19. Peelie Picken Daddy says

@John – Hi John , “a million cards?” why would anyone have that many cards? I might have close to a million coupons but not cards and I play them close to my chest. What do you care ?

20. Peelie Picken Daddy says

@Anon – LMAO , obviously some couponers think small and not about ways to help others with their skills. Or they have limited skills. And others look at the bigger picture and see no limit to how many other people they can touch or benifit with their skills and hard work. If a selfish hoarder like myself can get the deals , why cant you get the small portion your having issues with? It is hard work but its worth it and enjoyable as well. Try just a little harder, good luck to all of you. I’ve never looked at couponing as a competition .

21. says

LOL. Peeling picking daddy. I thought you were being tongue in cheek when you mentioned how much CG you got. I can’t trash talk on that issue since I now own every single color of blush CG makes and then some and I only had 20 coupons.

To my mind this might makeup for all those years I spent $20 on a single lipstick to one of CG sister companies. Besides if times get tight I might need all that rogue to attract customers ;) LOL