Where is my Target/Restaurant.com Gift Card?

If you can recall, there was a great deal from Plum District on a $25 Target Gift Card and $50 restaurant.com Gift Card for only $20. This deal was last month and everyone was thrilled to be able to score a Target gift card with credits. Well, it appears that Digital Doorstep (the company supplying the Gift cards) is not able to fulfil their end of the bargain and Plum District has sent this email to many:

Dear Customer,

Due to unexpected, and possibly permanent, delays in the shipment and delivery schedule of your gift cards, we have decided to refund your purchase in the full amount. If you used Plum Dollars to purchase this deal, those will be credited back to your account as well. This will be reflected in your account within the next 7 business days. We sincerely apologize for the frustration this may cause. If you have any further issues or concerns, please email help@plumdistrict.com.

Our goal as a company is to always “make Mom’s day,” and we know this deal fell short of that goal. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We are committed to delighting our customers to Make Moms Day – every day.

Sincerely,

Megan Gardner

CEO

Plum District

Plum District is a great company and I personally do not blame them for this. But I do want everyone to know that I will no longer promote Digital Doorstep deals here on Southern Cali Saver.

As much as I want to save you money, I don’t want to cause you extra hassle and  certainly  don’t want to jeopardize your hard earned money.

Comments

1. sabrina says

Please correct me if I am wrong but I believe Plum District offered a different deal awhile back in which the deal was for tablets. Also like this deal, an e-mail went out saying that the company supplying the tablets would no longer be able to fulfill the orders. If my memory serves me correctly that’s two “boo-boos.” Shame on Plum District for not knowing more about or choosing more carefully the companies in which they choose to be affiliated with!

2. Mary says

Aw man, huuuuge bummer! Thank you very much for letting us know. I haven’t received the email from them yet and I have been putting off a sizeable Target trip, waiting on this card. I’ll be sure to watch my account for the refund.

3. Deanna says

Didn’t do this deal but did the Outbeak Steak deal and didn’t have any issues with it. Got it in a timely manner and was as described.
    Stuff happens just look at Best Buy.

4. Michele says

I’m so disappointed with digital doorstep, I bought 6 of their movie ticket deals from the various daily deal sites, only able to use two. I got three refunded from the deal sites because digital doorstep couldn’t get their mess cleaned up before the expiration dates. The final one I got from Plum District (movie tickets/Starbucks card). Plum District sent a similar email as above, saying the codes were finally ready for use on the website. I went on to redeem it so we could see a movie that night. Instead, Plum District asked me to verify information and provide my address, so that a code could be mailed to me within 5 business days. Nothing about that in the email. We’ll see if the movie tickets/gift cards are ever able to be redeemed.

90% of the blame is on digital doorstep for being so incredibly dumb as to sell the first few sets of deals with 6 digit sequential codes, allowing people to redeem tons of codes they hadn’t purchased. But I still fault Plum District a little for providing an email saying the codes were ready for use when in fact, there was an additional waiting/mailing period. Out of the 4 companies involved in the deals I purchased, Plum District was the only one to acknowledge that anything was wrong.

In an email to digital doorstep they responded not with an apology, not with a timeframe for when it would be fixed, but with “If you would like a refund, you will need to contact the deal site you purchased it from.” Lol. Sounds like digital doorstep was absent on customer services skills day!

5. Christina says

I too have tried to redeem my two movie ticket deals left with Digital Doorstep and got the requisite ‘A PIN will be mailed to you’. I had no problems with them before. Seems like I will no longer be buying these types of deals if they go through them. I’ll just get the deals directly from Fandango in the future.

6. Catina says

This same problem occurred with Eversave on the Target/Restaurant.com deal…digital doorstep eventually got it cleaned up but it took quite some time. I would agree that it is probably not Plum District…thanks for the scoop!

7. Ava says

Now going to buy anything from Digital Doorstep from now on. I went to redeem my codes for the Starbucks/Fandango promo, and it was invalid. Emailed Plum District and got a response right away and a refund, BUT! I should have received an email and a refund when they knew of the situation; NOT when I asked about it.