OFFICIAL Ralphs Coupon Policy! (Now Accepting Walgreens RR’s?!)

Wow! What a great thing for us Ralphs shoppers. As long as I have been couponing I have never seen a OFFICIAL (in print) Coupon Policy! There is now one available to print which is awesome! As always, I highly recommend you print this.

A couple of things that I noticed:

•  Coupons cannot be used on “free” items.
  • Only one internet coupon per item will be accepted
  • Only two internet coupons per manufacturer per Customer, per day

Some weird limits on internet printables but I guess we have to work with it.

Competitor Catalina (checkout) coupons are accepted.
 – Limit one (1) Catalina coupon per item.
– Catalina coupons may not be used with a manufacturer coupon on the same item.
– There is no limit on the number of Catalina coupons (one Catalina coupon per item) that are presented in a
single transaction as long as the total coupon amount does not exceed the total grocery bill for that
transaction.

The way I read this is that Walgreens RR’s CAN be used at Ralphs! As always, I AM skeptical so I got in my email to one of the Directors at Ralphs for a confirmation!

Hopefully in the next few hours I will have news for you. This could be huge!! :)
Thanks, CFO

Comments

1. SLNY says

These policies drive me crazy. *Josie, the part: Only two internet coupons per manufacturer per Customer, per day. Can you explain that??? Too many Per’s in there. The manufacturer part in particular is confusing.

• SLNY says

That’s what I thought. Wish they would word it that way. I can see some cashiers arguing that. I can’t wait to hear about the RR. Using RR at Wags is so difficult with coupons, the whole filler thing drives me crazy.

• lindsey c says

if it is per manufacturer per day wouldn’t that mean we could use 2 printables for Kraft and 2 printables for Unilever and 2 printables for P&G, etc….????

• Elene says

That is the way it sounds to me too. You can use 2 per manufacturer per day.

The 1 per item is confusing to me. I know I can only use 1 mfr coupon per item, does it mean that you can only use 1 internet print “like” coupon so you can print 2 but you can only use 1 per day at Ralphs? Or is it as simple as you can only use 1 mfr coupon per item which I think is pretty much the case anywhere?

2. Claudia says

That would so be awesome. I have a few Walgreens RR that I got from Starbucks Refreshers that I could apply towards the Hamburger Helper deal going on right now.

3. Diane says

This is awesome news!!! I hate shopping at Wags because I never buy enough items vs coupons to be able to use the RR’s to my benefit. I can’ t wait to hear a confirmation, thanks so much Josie!

4. Kellie says

sadly the mgr discretion is still there. my ralphs (Walking distance to my house) will not accept internet coupons or print at home, no matter what corporate says.

5. Myself says

I thought they just sniped a limb when they stopped doubling coupons, but now their restricting internet coupons, that’s a direct head shot for me!

The other day I saw 4 other people besides myself with coupon binders at vons. I’ll go to ralphs for good deals, but lets keep up the good work shopping at vons. This is the nail in the coffin!

• MARIA says

I totally agree i haven’t shop at Ralphs since they stop doublin only went today to get the popsicle and the tea but otherwise the casheir told me she hasn’t seen many ppl with coupons cuz their policy is so frustrating,,,, I’m starting to shop more @ Vons

6. Yvette in Corona says

I’m excited for a policy but nervous about the restrictions…looks like I will have to make multiple trips just to use all my coupons.

• myla says

I went to Ralphs (RHE) and didn’t limit my coupon usage when I bought the aquafresh (extreme clean) 10/10 and used $1/1 coupons with it…. but when I went to another Ralphs outside my area (RPV), they limit me to 5 coupons per household. But I still got them for free with my $1mq.

7. Patricia says

How will they keep track of you using two per day? since it states “per day, per customer”
    I’m scared more stores will follow.. How can they limit me from going to their stores ONCE per day?? That’s kinda lame and stupid.. in my opinion.
    Can they limit how many times we visit their stores??? is that legal?? lol

• Maria says

I dont think that’s the goal. I think they want to prevent multiple transactions that way. They say limit 2 and people will still buy 6 by doing 3 transactions. This way it will enforce the limit?

• Homeschool mama says

I agree. A manager at Vons told me they couldn’t track that. But they had a limit of 3 like coupons per transaction. Its time to complain to our grocers and that you have many other store options to consider so they don’t think you are bluffing!

8. jc says

Just tried yesterday and she said since walgreens RR’s say “redeamable only at Walgreens” they cannot take them because they do not get reimburset for them. Hopefully I’m wrong!

• Josie says

This is not true. Walgreens Register Rewards state manufacturer coupon on top PLUS they have a remit address for the store to submit to

• Homeschool mama says

If there is room for interpretation, managers and cashiers will always use this popular statement. But Josie you are 100% right. But, here in CA customer service quality has dropped. No one has time to explain to you, give you a copy of policies or give you guidance. Just a few of many offer you great service. What happened to human interest and marketing?

• meryl says

I can only speak for myself but I have been using Wag’s RR at my Ralphs for a while. I had more than one of their cashiers tell me that it was ok to use them since they ARE manu q’s…..they told me I could use THEIRS at other stores as well because they are also manu q’s.

9. jc says

I know I showed her that and even pulled up the policy on my phone and showed her and she would not budge! I so hope I’m wrong so I can go back there!

10. Nancy says

I don’t know if any of you read a recent headline about how JC penney sales and now their stock has declined when they switched their policy to stop using coupons. I think the same will happen to Ralphs!!

• Homeschool mama says

I feel our comments will make the difference if we send all our knowledgeable comments to their corporate office, fill out suggestion cards at stores and receipt surveys. Anybody have any other suggestions.? Maybe they think that this is what we want because we sometimes say nothing and find the way to go around their policies instead of saying NO THANK YOU I LIKED IT THE WAY IT WAS OR I PREFER THIS PERK INSTEAD! .

• Monica Hall says

I’m slightly addicted to receipt surveys, really, I always fill them out. I’ve been putting a notes on my Ralphs suverys saying the coupon policy change is just sad and that I buy much less there than before.

• Daryl Ann says

I think that store should have low prices and accept qs Kroger ( Ralphs ) is on the money with Food 4 Less………..

11. jc says

Looking forward to your findings. Thank u again for all the time and effort u put into couponing and this wonderful site of yours :-)

12. Cyndi says

It would be awesome to be able to use RR at Ralphs. I stopped shopping at walgreens because it just became so complicate with fillers and all.

13. elena martinez says

i have 2 wags w/in 5 mins of my ralphs….so i can say from persoal experience , i will go pick up things @ wags get my RR & go right across the street to ralphs & use them with in minutes of just getting them, i have also used them @ food4less it’s the same company although food4less gives you a harder time :( about a year ago i had a bad experience @ food4less w/internet coupon which i had printed from their web site, so i called corp about this i was emailed their coupon policy, i went over it with the customer service rep which she clarified that catalinas from other store are accepted @ both ralphs & food4less.

14. Mary says

I have serious doubts about them accepting Register Rewards. Personally, I read it as manufacturer coupons for specific products from Catalina machines at other stores.

I just got back from Ralph’s and used 5 Ocean Spray $1/1 IP’s without a problem, but since this is so new the cashiers probably aren’t clued in yet. But my nearest Ralph’s is 3-1/2 miles away from me, so if they limit Q’s in this manner I will probably stop shopping there. I really like that store, too, darn it.

15. Lisa says

No double coupons and the restrictions on the internet coups is crazy talk! Maybe I’ll actually give Vons a shot! Thanks for your super work Josie…I love this site!!

16. Breanne says

Ever since Ralph’s announced they were no longer doubling coupons and stopped with their rewards program I haven’t stepped my foot in their door and I was a major fan.

• Homeschool mama says

LET CORPORATE KNOW THAT, I TOLD THEM I WAS A LOYAL CUSTOMER BUT I WAS NOT GOING TO PARTICIPATE IN THAT CREDIT CARD GROCERY PERK OR THE GAS PERK. BUT OVERALL HOW IT AFFECTS MY FAMILY BUDGET. YET THEY DID NOT SEEM TO CARE MUCH THEY RECENTLY HAVE BEEN PUSHING A MARKETING TACTIC ON MY RECEIPTS AND BY MAIL TO APPLY FOR THEIR CREDIT CARD!!!! THE MORE WE COMPLAIN IN UNIFORMITY AND REGULARITY THE MORE THEY WILL BE FORCED TO LISTEN! PLEASE DONT JUST WALK AWAY!

17. Jaclyn says

More than 1 Ralphs in Huntington Beach have been taking Walgreen Register Rewards. I first tested it over a year ago & they still do. I always forget that I don’t have to use them at Walgreens as long as it says “Manufacturer Coupon” on top & NOT “Store Coupon”. Ralphs also takes all the catalinas with other store logos on it as long as it states “Manufacturer Coupon” on top. It’s nice that they specify that you cna use a competitor coupon! I sure miss the double coupons though! However I am overly grateful for Albertsons doublers!

18. Amber says

Hi josie- thought of clarify the Internet printables part. When I lived in Ohio just a few weeks ago- Kroger aka Ralph’s had changed their ‘Internet printables’ policy to reflect what you are now seeing here in southern Cali. What we were told by our couponing queen out there and of course experienced in the store was you could not have more then two printables from the same company- so say you have Aquafresh coupons, ones for iso active, ones for kids, ones for extreme clean (again these are printed ones) u can ONLY use two, doesn’t matter if u use one kids and one ISO you could only use two total from ‘Aquafresh’ now if u have printed colgates & sensodynes you can use those so long as u only used two per ‘company/manufacturer’ total per day. if u have 15 different items in your cart and they are all diff companies and you have a coupon for each you can use… So long as there are no more then two printables used of the same company? Does that make any sense? LOL sorry I’m trying to do this on my phone….

• Homeschool mama says

It seems to me that Ralphs is getting stricter and pickier about what we do. Catalinas was the most genious marketing idea that came to existence. It tracks you shopping behavior and then rewards you most of the time for what you commonly buy. I just got great in store and manufacturer coupons from Albies and Vons from my prior shopping items scanned. They knew I shopped for baby food and diapers and rewarded me likewise. Ralphs catalinas rewards demand you buy more to get more most of the time or reward you on items that you may or may not consider buying. We need to make it clear to our stores to give us what we want, not more loops to jump, more subject to change without notice policies to get great savings. After all we have many store options to pick from!

19. Sherill says

Just last Fri, I attempted to use an Albertson’s ONYO $5 catalina at Ralph’s. The cashier told me the same thing as the post above, if it says Manufacturer coupon, you are good. If it says store coupon, no dice.

My Albies cat said Store Q. Turned out great though cuz I had two of them to make my Suave deal at Albies today super sweet! Paid 1.12 for 9 shampoos and a deorderant and got $5 back. YEE HAW!

20. Homeschool mama says

What a great possibility…. Over many years past groceries have evolved in their criteria including manufacturer coupons. We had coupons with no expiration date to coupons that some stores tripled on all coupons and now only the first like coupon.s to no doubling. What I would love to regain is the power of the consumer to lobby on how we want to be treated in our shopping experiences. TLC Extreme Couponing hurt as significantly and now we have to show our dissatisfaction to the store giants by letting them know how we “really” feel on their store surveys. I try to fill out as many grocery receipt surveys as I can. But I am tired of that stipulation left entirely up to the inexperienced managers everywhere with poor customer service! We should state on those surveys what store perks we want specifically. I have noticed some other state grocery stores have better perks and they don’t have have high cost of living like us in CA. These chains have much better store perks, accepting all competitor coupons, doubling, etc. Look into those stores just for raising the bar and expect more not less!

• Kasi says

I agree so much! Over the past couple weeks i’ve had so many problems at check out, cashiers that are not trained on coupon use. They make you feel like you’re stealing. :(

• Homeschool mama says

But we need to tell RALPHS that! They think they are doing a great job! I am telling them on my store receipt surveys that I am not happy; as politely as I can. But maybe we are too polite and dodge the problem we are really upset about! WE NEED TO BE CLEAR AND CONCISE THAT IT IS NOT OK TO CREATE STORE TO STORE POLICIES WITHOUT INFORMING US OR THE CASHIERS!

21. says

Josie, you’re awesome! It didn’t even occur to me that the wording about Catalinas might apply to RRs – I was thinking just about the Catalina product coupons that pop out at Ralphs, Vons and other stores. Looking forward to finding out what they tell you . . .

22. Kasi says

Is their a limit of manu. coupons in a transaction?
    I saw the limit 5 “free” coupons, What exactly does that mean?

• Josie says

limit of 5 free product coupons. So, if you have the Good N Natural coupons that were for a free bar, you could only use 5. Hope that helps!

• Kasi says

The reason was i was trying to buy 10 aqua fresh w/ 10 q. And they told me i could only use 5. Then i asked if i can split the transactions up and they said no. They could only accept 5 from me. Period. I was shocked because I’ve never known Ralphs to have limits like that. grr.

23. Erica says

This is why I prefer Albies and Vons! I’ve always had issues with Ralph’s and have only been going there when something is a super great deal (like the popsicles today,) but this is just crazy talk now! I’m boycotting lol

• Homeschool mama says

COUPONS ARE NOT WORTH IT THOUGH IF MOST PURCHASES ARE FOR BUYING JUNK FOOD INCREASING SLOWLY BUT PROGRESSIVELY YOUR HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, BAD CHOLESTEROL, DIABETES AND CLOGGED ARTERIES! YOU ALSO HAVE TO PAY FOR A YEARLY FLUSH OF ALL THOSE TOXINS OR SUFFER PAYING FOR MEDICINE AND MORE DOCTOR VISITS!

LIMIT YOUR COUPONS ONLY TO YOUR TOILETRIES NEEDED AND YOUR HEALTHY FOODS AND TARGET ALL HEALTHY FOOD MANUFACTURERS BY WRITING TO THEM FOR COUPONS! THIS WAY YOU HAVE BETTER ENERGY, GET SICK LESS AND FIND LESS SIDE EFFECTS TO TOXINS IN YOUR VITAL ORGANS! AMEN (WHICH MEANS LET IT BE DONE)

24. Homeschool mama says

ALL WE NEED TO DO IS TELL OUR STORES TO GIVE US MORE IN STORE COUPONS FOR THE STUFF WE BUY: VEGETABLES, FRUITS, TOILETRIES, ETC. OTHERWISE SEE HOW MUCH THE STORE ISLES GET OVERSTOCKED WITH JUNK FOOD AND HIGHER PRICES ON ORGANIC, HEALTHY FOOD! LETS ALL BEGIN TARGETING IN STORE COUPONS FROM SUPER CENTERS AND GROCERY STORES OR WHOEVER CARRIES FOOD!

HOW??? FILL THOSE IN STORE COMMENT CARDS, DO THE STORE RECEIPT SURVEYS, CONTACT CORPORATE! YOU ALL HAVE GREAT COMMENTS THAT NEED TO BE HEARD BY ALL THE STORE GIANTS!
    ECONOMICS, SUPPLY AND DEMAND, OR DEMAND AND SUPPLY, HaHaHa!!!!

ALSO COUPONS ALSO TAKE PLENTY OF TIME AND MONEY, PRINTING ON COMPUTER, GASOLINE, AND TIME AWAY FROM YOUR FAMILY! IF COUPON CLIPPING IS NOT A BUSINESS FROM HOME DON’T BOTHER MAKING THIS INVESTMENT! STORES MAKE ALL THESE POLICIES TO HAVE YOU RETURN MULTIPLE TIMES FOR A LIMITED BARGAIN AND SPEND MORE!

• Homeschool mama says

SORRY JOSIE , I HAD TO MENTION THAT, I WAS A SICK ANEMIC CHILD GROWING UP AND OVERWEIGHT WITH DENTAL PROBLEMS. MY 2ND PREGNANCY WITH GESTATIONAL DIABETES. I LOVE YOUR FANS AND LOVE ALL YOUR WORK!

• Lpadilla says

I really believe that stores are doing this because of the shelf clearing and people photo copying internet coupons! They aren’t getting reimbursed for these fake coupons so all of us are being punished. Please if you know anyone or you yourself clear shelf’s or use illegal coupons STOP!

• Homeschool mama says

Even with all their coupon limits, and product limits. I still see shelves at Ralphs cleared and they don’t supply enough or restock fast enough! I have even seen expired food not marked down or better use by dates! They are not keeping up with product shelve life and sometimes you have to modifiy your grocery list! I have a feeling they use this as a tactic to buy more expensive product. The harder they make it for you to find what you want and also moving product around among many other barriers we will resort to “more impulsive buying”!!!

25. Cristie says

When I tried to email them about how upset I was they were no longer doubling, I got some strange response about pink slime. So, I emailed agaain mentioning that the response had nothing to do with my email and reiterating my point about coupons. I then received no response…

• Homeschool mama says

HOW WEIRD! THEY ARE TRYING TO DETOUR YOU, GET IT? THAT’S WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO DO, GIVE UP! TRY THE RECEIPT SURVEYS, FILL THE COMMENT CARDS TO LET THEM KNOW HOW YOU FEEL, POLITELY, CLEARLY AND FOLLOW-UP IF NEEDED! THEY NEED TO BE ACCOUNTABLE TOO. WHEN THEY DON’T THEY GO OUT OF BUSINESS. I HAVE SEEN THAT WHERE I LIVE, SAME EXACT STORES, ONE WITH GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE, STILL DOING GREAT! 2ND ONE OUT OF BUSINESS, HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! GOOD LUCK!

26. MacKenzie says

I have been using Walgreens RRs at my local Ralph’s for a couple of months (the one on the corner of Sand Cyn and Irvine Blvd). The RRs are manufacturer coupons so they’ll take them. I’ve never tried to use a competitor Catalina though.

27. ly says

im in north oc and used the $3 RR from the Kotex deal at wags and the cashier took it with no prob. i asked him first if they took other stores catalinas and he said yes.

28. Gee says

I have a WG Alpo catalina that might be good to use at Ralph’s when there is an Alpo sale (50 cents off 4). I have a hard time finding good pet food deals so I usually to walmart, target and rite-aid (cat food).

I’m curious about the RR info too!

29. Diane says

I emailed Ralphs about their coupon policy years ago, and the part about the competitor’s catalinas has always been there. For awhile, I could use RRs at Ralphs, then one cashier decided to check with the manager and he said no because of “the wording on the coupon.” I emailed corporate for clarification, and they said the manager has sole discretion. I’m well enough stocked that I very rarely do RR deals anymore because the RRs are such a pain to use.

30. Monica Hall says

So interesting! I was thinking it meant item catalinas. I haven’t been to Wags in a while but this might be an incentive.

31. lori says

Does anybody know if they would let me use a recently expired wags rr. I stupidly thought it was good until the 24th and it expired the 22th. I have been able to use some expired ecb’s at cvs but just wondering if anybody has any experience with that.
    thanks in advance

• Myself says

just accept your loss, don’t break the coupon policy. Its doing that that makes stores not like coupons

• Homeschool mama says

I am starting to see Vons get stricter. I don’t know what is driving the coupon policies to go after coupon multiple clipping! BUT IT IS UNDER ATTACK! They don’t care if they are internet coupons or not!
        TIP: Make sure your coupons are from different sources if they are from the same product. Quick way to make sure is checking bar codes! Fight back, speak up and track your store’s constant policy changes!

• KMom says

I have been told by an employee at Wags that it’s ok to use them a few days past the date, IF it’s a Wags coupon (not manufacturer). Not sure if I’ve seen one that’s not manufacturer, though…

32. Myself says

Instead of all this let’s write and boycott ralphs (which I’m still doing aside from the 8 hour sale) I shot an email to vons telling them what a good business opportunity this is :-)

• Daryl Ann says

I emailed Vons last week telling them that Just 4 you is awesome and not to stop their current coupon policy as that is awesome too…..

• Homeschool mama says

Something is going on with the stores diminishing coupon clipping. I just found out at my local Vons is only scanning and accepting 2 like coupons from 3 like coupons in a transaction. They have been making more coupon changes. I was bothered and the cashier told me that stores vary their policies! WHAT IS GOING ON? COUPON CLIPPING IS BECOMING NO LONGER WELCOMED AT STORES! WE ARE GOING TO HAVE TO MAKE MULTIPLE TRANSACTIONS, MULTIPLE VISITS, OR TRY NEW STORES!

33. Ann says

Many of my friends and I eat only healthy/organic foods and without doubling coupons for those items at Ralph’s, we are finding that Costco has a better price on LOTS of organic foods and are adding more items all the time. Costco has coupon booklets periodically and I was amazed to get so many organic foods for less than using a doubled coupon at Ralph’s! … even one of my fav treats…Julie’s Organic Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Bars were 50c bar during coupon booklet period. I haven’t been back to Ralph’s since that first week they stopped doubling, but my neighbor says our Ralph’s is almost empty all the time now, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they close it down, because it is only a few blocks from Costco AND Sprouts. I do agree with those of you who make your disappointment in Ralph’s new policy statement known…and I will do my part by e-mailing them and urge my neighbors to add their opinions as well.

• Homeschool mama says

That’s a great alternative! Store surveys do wonder about your loyalty especially Kroger part of Ralphs and Food 4 Less chains.

34. Mary D. says

Any update?? RE: The way I read this is that Walgreens RR’s CAN be used at Ralphs! As always, I AM skeptical so I got in my email to one of the Directors at Ralphs for a confirmation!

35. Jenifer says

Any word on this yet? I’ve used Walgreens RRs twice now at Ralphs since I saw this. The first time was no problem. Today, the cashier did it but was really questioning it.

36. staci says

I know this is an old thread, but I just found it.
    The only way stores are able track the number of your visits to their store (referring specifically to visits in a single day) is if you use your club card each time. :D

This is really aggravating because I do shopping for other households as part of my job and naturally, it’s easiest and most economical if I can do it in a single visit.