Life and all its Craziness.

I just wanted to give everyone an update on how things are going with my family and I. Sometimes I get caught up in the deal hunting and really have to bring myself back to reality.. with a personal post.

Believe it or not, I am a real person.. not a machine. :) I blog from my living room couch and usually have 2 kids attached to my sides all throughout the day. (My 4 year old will be starting Kinder soon–which means more couch space for me!)

My birthday is coming up.. and I’m noticing that I’m not aging well ;) So, I’ve been focusing on losing weight and getting healthier. I’ve had a couple encounters with the doctor that ended, not-so-well. I was recently discovered to be suffering from Pernicious Anemia –which is basically a Vitamin B deficiency.  My body can not  asborb Vitamin B naturally–so I must get supplemented with Injections every week. It has done WONDERS for me and my health–I feel great now.

In my quest to get health, I’ve also started dieting. I’m super excited to have lost 17 pounds over the holidays and I contiune to  Juice twice a day! (seriously, the best thing I could have done for my health)

My kiddos are growing too fast! We are about to embark on a braces journey with my 8 year old.. We super nervous about it but he really does need them.

My Husband, George is working on Advancing his career! For those that don’t know, he is a Chef here in Temecula and has been for over 7 years.  You will want to be on the lookout for him on a upcoming show on the Food Network called “Chef Wanted with Anne Burrell”– we are super excited about this and the show will be revealed sometime in March.  I’d love for you all the tune-in and cheer him on :)

I am so happy to have you all here and so amazed at all the people that continue to read Southern Cali Saver on a daily basis. This site would not be what it is today without all of you!!

Comments

1. Daisy says

You have a beautiful family, Josie!

Maybe you could get that chef husband of yours to guest blog some recipes made with coupon deals for those of us that love to coupon but also love to cook…. and regularly blow the budget on food items that there aren’t coupons for.

2. yvette martin says

GOOD MORNING JOSIE :o)

You have a beautiful family and you are such and amazing person. I personally appreciate you site more than you could ever know. Because of you and your hard work I have been able to make those ends meet just a little closer in the middle (lol). I am looking forward to seeing you husband on tv. I wish him well and all the blessing in the world.

We are the lucky ones to have you in our lives.

Yvette–Santa Clarita

3. Becky Ramirez says

You’re looking good Josie, take care of yourself!! thanks for all that you do, it much appreciated. I tell all my friends and family about your page!

4. says

I am adicted your site. I come here before I shop each week. I have two boys too. I am on Orange county. I will watch for the hubby on Food network. I love juicing too. and try to eat organic, when possible. Thanks for sharing your family with us. :)

5. Sara says

What do you mean you aren’t aging well???? You look like you are about 24! Girl don’t be too hard on yourself! Thank you for all your help daily! I truly appreciate it!

6. Ime says

I really do appreciate all that you do, because of this site I started couponing, you make it easy to understand and easy to find deals. I have been budgeting and have even started a small stock pile.
    By the way you have a beautiful family and you look great.

7. Erika says

Thanks for all you do for us and sharing your life with us. I saw you at the coupon class you look great!!!!! Can wait to see your husband on TV I am going to cheer him on!!! how exiting!! I have a 3 year old I don’t know how you do it all!!!

• Josie says

I’ve basically been sticking to a 1200 calorie diet and juicing twice per day. I’ve eliminated all soda and coffee and really just watching what I eat! :) It is hard at first but I feel so much lighter! ;)

8. QponMom says

Thank you Josie for all you do! Because of you, my family has really been able to get through some tough economic times. I absolutely LOVE these little updates! :)
    You are AWESOME! Wishing you and your family the absolute best!

9. Jen says

Such a gorgeous family! You are an amazing woman and I want to thank you for this site and everything you do to help save us money.

10. says

SUPER excited for both you and your hubby. I tend to mindlessley browse through the few coupon blogs I subscribe to, so it’s nice to see something about yourself to kind of “personalize” it for me. And I LOVE food…food blogs, food magazines, food shows, you name it. So I will definitely be watching Chef Wanted and looking out for your hubby to cheer him on. :)

11. Nancy says

Congratulations on such a wonderful family and a great site. I stumbled on your blog early last year after I started couponing when finances got tight after I had to quit my full time job and work from home to be there for my type 1 diabetic son. I am a mom of 3 and time is something I don’t have a lot of. So going to your site before I shop, printing my lists and pulling my coupons based on th list has been awesome!! I wish you and your husband continued success!!

12. newbie says

Josie, god bless you and your family! You have no idea how your site works wonders. I visit SCS more than I do facebook or check my emails….(that’s not weird, right?). Anyway, you look great! Can’t wait to see your Chef on TV. And why has be been holding out on the recipes!!! j/k

13. erinlin says

Thank you for all you do, Josie! I love to read the SCS blog, and come here daily especially after moving to southern California. I find not only great deals but friendliness here. I am glad to hear that you are getting better and looking forward to watching your husband on food network.

14. says

Wow, fantastic news all around! Great job on the weight loss and congrats to your husband! We always watch that show and will keep an eye out for him. Way cool!

15. Amani says

You have a beautiful family. Thanks for the personal post. I talk about your site to my husband like you and I are old friends. We are as Wendy Williams would say, “Friends in my head.” Best of luck to your husband and I too would love to see cooking ideas from him.

16. Kat says

That is so great that you are taking care of yourself. Too often us Moms forget about taking care of ourselves. I am interested in the juicing. What juicer have you found that works for you? There are so many out there that I would like to get one that someone is really happy with. Thanks for listing healthier coupon options for those of us who are striving to eat better.

17. NewCouponer says

Josie, you and your family are beautiful! I had the pleasure of meeting you at the coupon class last Sunday and I wanted to thank you for taking the time everyday to help us save money! Good luck to your hubby… my family and I will be cheering for him! :)

18. Tina W says

I have to admit: I’m somewhat torn on rooting for your husband on FoodTV. What if he lands a great chef job and you all move out of state? I would be ecstatic for him and your family, but also sad that my favorite coupon blog might disappear.

And Josie, you say you feel you aren’t aging well — but darn it, you PHOTOGRAPH fantastically.

19. ceyon says

Thank you Josie for helping families save money. I think to myself on a regular basis, “god bless this woman, I have no idea how she does it”! LOL. Thank you again, you are much appreciated! Congrats to the Hubs!

20. says

Hi Josie, You look amazing! You will look back when your older and say “wow I was pretty Hot, and didn’t even realize it!” I do that every 5 years or so. Will Tune in to cheer on your husband. Way to Go!

21. Gee says

That’s unusual you have to get injections, I figured that was a problem only Vegans had. Some vegans who don’t get enough B12 in their diet through supplementation or through fortified foods like nutritional yeast have to take B injections or eat meat, eggs as was the case with video blogger RawRadientHealth since she has heart problems and can’t take injections.

Keep up the good work on dieting, getting healthy. I will keep a look out for that show on food network. Your family looks great, nice to see pictures of happy families.

• Josie says

its brand new to me as well :) Just following doctors orders and I am by no means a vegan. From my understanding is that my body does not asborb it because I am lacking the protein that helps absorb it…

In my case my doctor wants me to get the strong doses of Vitamin B which are in injection form.. we will evalute after 2 months or so to see if I can go maybe twice a month instead

22. Lisap says

Thanks for the update, Your family is BEATUIFUL just the way you are. Thank you for the FANTASTIC blog. I love it and share it with anyone interested in couponing. My 9 year old girl got braces last year and has done wonderfully. I did have the dentist tell her that she had to do everything he said because mom and dad only pay for the first set, after that she pays for them. Thanks again.

23. SLNY says

Aww…. I love seeing pics of you an your family. I, like others, think of you as a friend. Good Luck with the braces! My son (who just turned 4) had to get glasses last years. I was worried because he was so young but he needed them and has had no problems wearing them. And you look great! 3 kids and helping lord know how many of us our savings journey. I don’t know how you do it, but I’m grateful that you do!!! Thanks for all that you do for us here!!!

24. Anne says

Wow Josie! Not that you didn’t look good before, but your hard work definitely paid off. I agree on the juicing, I’ve been doing it for over a year now and it’s definitely worth it. I only drink it at night but I make enough for 2 nights so I juice every other day. It could be very time consuming but I figured out a way now that doesn’t take that long. For example, I buy lots of lemon and squeeze out the juices in a container. Then I freeze them in an ice tray then store in a ziploc in the freezer. Repeat until all the juices are frozen. I just pop the frozen lemon in my juice when ready.

I love watching Food Network. I cringe when I read “Anne Burrell” lol! I love her but I don’t think I can handle her. Goodluck to your hubby and will definitely be watching the show.

I also have a 4 yo boy. We both want a girl for our next child but I told my hubby that I don’t mind a house full of boys. I’m sure you know what I mean.

25. Kelly A. says

Your thoughtfulness and kindness always shows through all of your posts! Thank you, and your family, for all that you do to help us. God Bless you guys and congratulations to your husband’s success!

26. Rebekah says

Wow, you look great! Congratulations to you and your beautiful family. God bless you, you have helped me save thousands of dollars!

27. flakiz says

Josie u r aging well… when I went to your recent class in riverside my friend even told me… ohhh well of course she has time for couponing shes fresh out of high school and still no kids….I was like wow she married and has kids and a husband and a life like all of us…ohh and by the way.. great job with the class we LOVED it and had such a great time…so yea now she’s hooked on couponing and still can’t believe how u do it all… thanx super mom..lol

28. says

I’m pretty sure i’ll be watching your husband on the food network, my 13 year old son is a fan of that channel, as for you WOW!!! if that’s the way you’re aging tell me what are you doing wrong because you look great. You have a great family & I love your site I live in San Fernando Valley which is far from where you live but is the closest I can get to the best deals.. : )

29. Brenda B says

Josie, I LOVE your hair! You have such a beautiful family! Congrats to u and to your husband. I will definitely have to try the juicing diet.. you look so great!! Do you have the juice to replace meals or is it along with meals?

30. Jaclyn says

What a great post Josie! How exciting to be loosing weight & feeling great! That is pretty cool that your husband will be on the cooking show. Make sure to remind all of us readers when the season starts. Thank you so, so much for everything you do! Your time is GREATLY appreciated! So happy for you & your family! ;)

31. Mary D. says

You look F A B U L O U S Josie!! Thanks for all you do. I love your site and It’s so good to see a personal update. Keep up the great job. :)

32. Angela says

Thanks for all you do to help your readers get the best deals in town! I have been following you blog for 2 years now, I think I check it more than my e-mail….lol. I know how hard it is to work with little ones at home (I do it too), but keep up the good work we all appreciate it.
    BTY you look great….glowing…..you go girl!

33. Irma says

Thanks Josie for all the hard work day in and day out. Your site has taught me, how to save and espcecially stay on a budget…..
    Thanks to you and your juicing….. I have lost 5 pounds, it isnt much, but a start…….. I continue to juice twice a day and eat a healthy dinner……. Thanks to your great advice.
    Again thanks for ALL your hard work…….
    You look Fab!! and your family adorable.
    I will keep an eye out for the show, and cheer your hubby on.
    Take care,
    Irma

34. Mariel says

Thanks for sharing. You are so down-2-earth! We are also trying to juice although it’s very “gas-inducing” (TMI-oh boy). I won’t be able to watch your hubs on TV because we don’t have cable :( but I hope he gets a lot of business and PR from the show!

35. cynthia says

josie, sorry to hear about ur health but god is on ur side so dont worry just hav faith in him!!! n let me tell u, that u look good!!! n r aging well!!! lol…n yes do tak out time for urself n ur fam we all need that fr time to time!!! thanx for all the great hard work n effort u put into this page for all of us…ur much appreciated!!! xoxox hope u hav a great bday!!! xoxox…!!!