Shopping Trip: $52 OOP with $32 back!

Shopping Trip

Here are my Vons/F4L and Ralphs Shopping Trips!

I wanted to do separate transactions and roll my catalinas at Ralphs–but my kids were not going to let that happen so I was forced just to do one.

Ralphs:

Buy (2) General Mills Golden Grahams $2.50 ea
Buy (2) General Mills Cheerios Medley $2.50 ea
Buy (2) Fiber One Cereal $2.50 ea
(6) Totinos Pizzas $1.25 ea
(3) Hamburger Helper $1.50 ea
(2) Huggies Slip Ons $9.99
(4) Franks Hot Sauce $0.50 ea
1 Gladiolus $1.99
Used (2)  $0.85/1 Honey Nut Cheerios Medley Crunch Cereal printable
(2) $1/3 Totino’s Crisp Crust Party Pizza printable
Used (2) $2.00/1 Huggies Coupon
Used (4) $0.75/1 Franks RedHot Sauce, exp. 8/15/13 (SS 05/12/13 R)
Used (1) $1/2 General Mills Chex, Fiber One, Total, Wheaties, Oatmeal Crisp, Honey Nut Clusters, Raisin Nut Bran or Basic 4 from 06/02 SS
Used $1/3 Hamburger Helper, Tuna Helper or Chicken Helper Home Cooked Skillet Dishes from 04/21 SS (exp 6/15)
Used (2) $0.85/1 Golden Grahams Cereal printable
Used $5 Huggies catalina

Paid: $33.18, Got back (3) $5 Catalina for General Mills, $4 Catalina for Huggies, $5 Catalina for Huggies

Food4Less:

Buy (8) Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks $0.98
Buy (3) Old Spice Deodorant $1.28
Buy (1) Secret Deodorant $1.28
Used $1/1 Old Spice Product, exp. 6/30/13 (P&G 06/02/13)
$1/1 Secret Antiperspirant Deodorant, exp. 6/30/13 (P&G 06/02/13)
Used (4) $1/2 Betty Crocker Snacks coupons from Food4Less Magazine (found in-store)
Paid: $7

Vons:

Buy (4) Kraft Natural Sliced Cheese $2.99 ea
Buy (4) Yopa Yogurt $1 ea
Use (2) $1/2 Kraft Natural Cheese Slices, exp. 6/5/13 (SS 05/05/13 R)
and Use (2) B1G1 Yopa! Cups, exp. 7/31/13 (SS 05/12/13 R)
Paid: $11.96, Get Back $3 catalina for Cheese and $5 catalina for Dairy

Total OOP: $52.14, Got Back $32 in catalina coupons to use for future trips
= Like paying $20!

Comments

1. Tiffany says

are the food 4 less sales just a southern cali thing, I’ve been in mine in oregon a few times hoping for the same sales and nothing? thanks

2. Daisy says

Does anyone know what other yogurts are included in the catalina deal? Unfortunately that Yopa yogurt has the same nutritional profile as a Snickers candy bar…. I’m looking for something with MUCH less sugar if anyone knows. Thanks!

• Noelle says

Unfortunately all these food items are either full of sugar, processed and with added artificial colorings. And some of them are GMO.

• Daisy says

Most of the really really cheap/ free foods are. Unfortunately. The General Mills isn’t something I would do (we don’t eat processed foods or any grains,) but I’m hoping there’s *something* in the dairy deal that will work for me.

• Lindsay says

If the sale is for the Yopa greek nonfat yogurt it is really not bad for you at all. There is a fun app called Fooducate that rates foods and this is a A-.

• Daisy says

I don’t think anyone is raining on Josie’s parade. No one is denying that the numbers are great, we’re all just looking for deals that suit our individual households and not everyone eats the same things.

• Amy H. says

Equating the yogurt someone is eating to a Snickers bar is offensive in my opinion. Even if it is a true statement, it is unkind.

• crlzmmr says

It’s deja vu all over again.
            (There were some people last year
            who got all excited over the deals not being “healthy”. )
            Me, myself, I love free Tortino Pizzas!
            and Albertsons $0.80 TV dinners!
            Being in my senior years,
            and never having been to a doctor,
            I believe genetics has more to do with longevity
            than “healthy” eating.
            I have out-lived my “heathy” food eating friends
            and I have also out-lived my “unhealthy” food eating friends.
            What I eat “may” some day kill me,
            but who wants to live forever?

• Noelle says

This is in response to what crizmmr said: I hope you don’t preach your dietary advice to anyone. You may be the only lucky one who actually does okay on a crappy diet. Genetics is one thing, but what you put in your body has way more impact than what you “were born with”. Do your research, and please stop saying things that simply are not true.

3. Tina says

Hi Josie,
    I know Food 4 Less has alot of magazine at the entrance but what is the exact title of the magazine where I can find the $1/2 Betty Crocker Snacks coupons?
    Thanks in advance!