Only a few weeks until school is back in session! This year I will be providing TWO school lunches now that my middle son is in school. When providing a school lunch I admit that it is hard to keep kids interested… so, this year we are trying to provide “Trade-worthy” School Lunch ideas that are yummy, creative and budget friendly (of course ) with Kroger Brand products.
I am a mom of three crazy, fast-paced boys–so I look for Quick but creative lunch ideas. Here are my favorite “on the fly” (in restaurant-talk that means fast!) Trade-worthy school lunch ideas with Kroger Brand products.
Ralphs makes shopping affordable and convenient with their Kroger Brand Products. If you are on the go, you can also load Digital coupons to your Ralphs shopper card for quick and easy savings!
Cream Cheese and Grape Sandwich
My older son Micah is responsible for this.. He made it once and he’s asked for it several times for lunch. Its super quick to make too!
- Whole Wheat Sandwich thins
- Kroger Whipped Cream Cheese
Spread cream cheese on both sides of the bread (I put just enough to help embed the grapes) and place grapes on the bread. Easy!
Hazelnut and Jelly Wrap
- Tortilla Wrap
- Kroger Hazelnut Spread
- Any Fruit Jelly
Spread Hazelnut on to Tortilla wrap then spread Jelly. Wrap Tortilla tight and cut in half. Enjoy!
This idea may or may not be just a “lunch” idea but it is a sweet addition to any packed lunch.
DIY: Lunchables Combinations
Sometimes the cost of the the expensive Lunchables brand lunches can’t be justified with my budget (a minimum of $3 per lunch!) Making them yourself is super easy and easy on budget!
- Kroger Snack Crackers 12 oz ($1.77)
- Any Lunch meat (use what is in your home)
- Any Cheese (use what is in your home)
- Cupcake Liners
1. Cut Cheese and Lunchmeat into squares or circles. If you have a creative cookie cutter, that is great too! Separate the cheese and meat in cupcake liners. Add Fruit, a drink and a little sweet snack to their lunch. Quick, easy and half the price!
Giveaway: Ralphs wants you to get get creative with school lunches too! One SCS reader will win a $25 Ralphs Gift Card!
How to enter:
- “Pin” the DIY: Lunchables Combinations on Pinterest (be sure to use THIS LINK )
- be sure to leave a comment below letting us know that you “Pinned!”
Giveaway ends August 16th at 5PM PST and winner will be notified via email. This post is sponsored by Ralphs..I was compensated with a Ralphs gift card for this post. All opinions and ideas are my own. If you “pin” on Pinterest I will be entered in a contest to win a Ralphs gift card.