Vons Shopping Trip: $19.73

Vonstrip2

I took advantage of the Hefty Friday only Deal at Vons today– and decided to pick up cereal and Nature Valley. Found several goodies in the clearance section as well. I also had a $5 off $20 coupon in my Just4U!

Bought
(4) General Mills Cereals $1.49 each wyb 4
(1) Nature Valley Breakfast Biscuits $1.49 each wyb 4
(3) Nature Valley Granola $1.49 each wyb 4
(3) Axe Shampoo $1.37 each
(1) Contact Solution Twin Pack $7.59
(2) Hefty 45 ct Trash Bags $5.00 each
(1) Old Spice Body Spray $1.92

Used:
(4) $1/1 General Mills printable coupons (NLA)
(1) $1/1 Nature Valley Breakfast Biscuits, exp. 4/5/14 (SS 02/09/14)
(3) $1.25/1 Nature Valley Granola Bars, Granola Thins, Soft-Baked Oatmeal Squares or Breakfast Biscuits, exp. 3/1/14 (SS 01/05/14 #3)
(3) $1/1 Axe Hair Product, exp. 2/23/14 (RP 01/26/14)
(2) $1.25/1 Hefty Trash Bags printable coupon (NLA)
(1) $2/1 Old Spice Body Spray, exp. 2/28/14 (RP 01/12/14) (adjusted down to $1.92)
- $5 Just4U eCoupon

Paid: $19.73

Did you do any shopping today?! I was pretty excited about the Hefty Trash Bag deal– I wanted to get the larger count but I was reminded by my husband that he doesn’t like the “flaps”. :) Which apparently, is the only type they have in the 85 ct. Go figure. ;)

Comments

1. Melissa says

I was pretty excited took the whole family with me. ( bad idea with four kids and a husband who was tired)

Here’s what I got

3 150oz arm and hammer(5.00 each)
    2 nature valley granola bars(1.49 each)
    2 12ct pop tarts (1.99 each)
    2.37 lbs broccoli crowns (.87/ lb j4u price)
    2 1Lb baby carrots (.99 just4u price)
    2 cherry pies ( 1.00)
    3 gain (.99 ea)
    1 pilsbury cookie dough valentines for .99

Used
    1.50/2 arm and hammer
    (2) 1.50/1 pop tarts ( kfr reward)
    (2) 1.25/1 nature valley
    (1) 1.00/1 pilsbury cookie dough any
    Store coupons
    .50 off per lb up to two lbs for broccoli
    $3/3 arm and hammer Oxi clean etc.
    $5 off $20

Total spent
    15.16
    The gain was a last minute add on cause the progreso soups 4/5.00 were not anything my family would eat.

So happy cause the only laundry detergent I like is arm and hammer. Got two when they were 5.00 a little bit ago. Paid 3.25 each then ( I had a store coupon for 1.00 off one pop up in my account plus the 1.50 off 2 from the inserts)

2. Jenn says

I was so thrilled with my Vons shopping trip yesterday! Thank you for all you do Josie! I got a lot of stuff so I won’t bore you with the details, but when I saw that retail price would have been $118.40, Vons club total would have been $47.09 and I paid ONLY $23.39 I was ecstatic!
    Plus I got the $3 cat for the Nivea and triple bonus gas points for my $47 Vons total. I love the gas rewards here in Cali! Thx again!

• says

My favorite part is watching the total go down! Sometimes, to impress my husband, I don’t hand over my store card until everything is scanned. Just so he can see the total before and AFTER! ;)

3. marky says

oh those nature valley biscuits are so good, especially the blueberry. i also got the arm and hammer yesterday. with the $5 friday, then $3 off instantly and a paper $3 coupon for buying 3 at vons and the arm and hammer came out to $3 opp, So pretty stoked about that plus they are big bottles. Oh my fave deal was the $1.57 j4u price for Green Giant Steamables bags. I thought it was too good to be true because in the aisle they weren’t even on sale, the reg price was about $3.99. I think i’ll go back and grab some more fruit snacks because I have to do snacks for my daughter’s softball team. THanks Josie for all you do and everyone else for sharing their experiences. I do gain alot.

• Melissa says

Did you get the $3/off when you buy three applied twice ? ( it was a clip or click j4u coupon) didn’t think you could use the digital one with the paper one.
      I’m curious

• marky says

I know right? I wasn’t sure if the $3 instant thing goes thru automatically of if you needed the paper one, I just took a chance. On my receipt it showed $3 taken off twice.

• Melissa says

I had to clip the $3 dollar one and it took it off I also had the paper one now I wonder what would have happened had I handed it over. I had the buy three save 3 come off the gain I bought and then the arm and hammer is specific and says $3.00 off arm and hammer