Family vacations are so great to spend with your kiddos and family–especially during the summer when they are out of school. Depending on where you go the expense really adds up! Plane Tickets, gas, food, lodging.. phew!
Have you ever considered a Staycation? Exploring the city you LIVE in (or live close enough to) for fun, inexpensive or FREE family activities. In San Diego, there are quiet a few things that you can do that are budget friendly–then you can go home and enjoy the comfort of your home.
1. Beach! While this may be obvious–there are several wonderful beaches in San Diego. This can take up most of your day–so dedicate a day!
2. Ocean Pier — longest pier on the west coast at 1971 feet into the ocean
Ocean Beach Pier
1950 Abbott St.
San Diego, CA
3. Seaport village– you can walk the village and visit unique shops and see many performers entertain!
4. Balboa Park – Very unique gardens and museums. While the park admission is free– the museums are fairly priced at have lots of excited exhibits.
5. Trolley Rides — Take a ride through the city for $5 on a day pass. This is a great way to get to the various parts of downtown San Diego
6. Presidio Park — walk the grounds and visit The Serra Museum for a small fee.
7. Coronado Ferry– travel to Coronado island and back on this great ferry!
8. Embarcadero Waterpark– fun and FREE water park for kids and adults!
- 1600 Pacific Highway, San Diego, CA. 92101
As you can see, there are so many things to that you can do in San Diego with very little money required! Please share your Staycation ideas in the comments below!